PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Comments

• Thank you very much. Just one other thing, do you stretch it out before you prove it or afterwards?
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Take it out of the BM, knock the air out, then shape it, then let it prove for 15 mins :D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • leni
    leni Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tonight I'm making us a homemade pizza

I'm doing the dough in the bread maker - can I freeze the dough if I don't use it all?

also does anyone have an simple flapjeck recipe?

DEBT FREE for the first time in 10 years and with savings!

1st Baby due May 2011 :o it's a BOY:j
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you part cook the plain base I know you can freeze them that way, in which case you have a ready made base in the freezer for another time.

Not sure about freezing the dough though.

Flapjacks - 12Oz porridge oats, 6 oz butter, 6 oz golden syrup, 6 oz light brown soft sugar. Melt syrup and butter, add to porridge and sugar, put in a tin and bake for 20 minutes.
  • Addiscomber
    Addiscomber Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I should think you could freeze the dough - after all bread dough can be frozen and what is the difference? It will need to come back to room temperature before you could shape it though, and that can take a surprisingly long time. As soon as you turn your back and forget about it, it erupts out of the container and gets everywhere. Ask me how I know.
  • I always freeze my leftover dough as the recipe for my BM is more than I need. I simply take off what I want, put it in a freezer bag and sling it in the freezer. It doesn't take too long to defrost either, then simply roll it out as you normally would HTH.
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So do you freeze it straight away after it comes out of the machine? As in you don't let it rise first.

(sorry, I'm really new to the breadmaker thing too)
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes, freeze it straight away. That way you have dough that will still rise after defrosting later.

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • OH does this all the time and freezes it straight away. He has even rolled the dough out in bases and frozen them.

HTH

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • I have a cheapie breakmaker from Asda (Durabrand?) that makes perfectly nice regular loaves of bread. I don't get creative with recipes or anything, but I do wish I could make pizza dough. I've tried a couple of recipes from a bread machine recipe book and I end up with a rather sticky ball of dough. I have to work so much flour into it to get it to roll out that I end up doing more work than I would just starting from scratch.

Anybody got anything for me?
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family