Options
2»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Neil49 wrote: »
    Wherever possible you should use your NT card to obtain a ticket from the machine and not depend upon the windscreen sticker.

This has come about because there have been some instances of non NT members displaying the sticker which they have been given by friends who are members.

This new system has only been introduced in the past year or so. I wonder how many NT members actually read the bumph about obtaining a ticket? It's certainly confusing as it doesn't apply to all properties.
  • MalcolmsWit
    MalcolmsWit Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2019 at 10:44AM
    Options
    I am a member of the National Trust and display my sticker on the windscreen.This has always been sufficient and I have never been asked to show my membership card at the car park. Neither have I ever got a ticket from the parking machine. As far as fines are concerned I do not remember seeing anything about these. If National Trust are asking members to get a parking ticket from the machine, which should be free to members, surely a newsletter or e Mail advising them or the change of policy should be sent. From what has been said there would appear to be an inconsistency in rules at different sites which makes it very confusing .At some National Trust properties the parking is free.
  • building_with_lego
    Options
    This came in a good while ago, having to get a free ticket from the machine. It was well-publicised in the magazine. 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/car-parking-faqs
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Members are requested to get a free ticket where car parks have ticket machines by scanning their membership card. This is done because the site will receive additional money from NT central funds for each ticket issued (page 2 of your handbook)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure