PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have started a Foraging thread at

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=54223771#post54223771

This is the first time I have done anything like this so would welcome any comments and am happy to change anything. I just thought that if everyone on here who said they were interested joined it then maybe it wouldn't be merged with the old one.
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • mummy2mygirls
    mummy2mygirls Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    Hello all. Had my first spend of the mth today (my mth only started on the 1st :p ) Spent £85 in Ald* which included £10.68 reductions for the vouchers from paper and for reduced items. So a big amount to start from to come off the budget, but got loads of food :)

Just realised I havent put in my total for the mth yet so can I please be put down for £450. This is for Me, DH, 5 kids and a dog. It includes all food, toiletries, cleaning bits, Dog food, Nappies, formular etc.... Would love to get it to under £400 but not going to push myself just yet :)
    Hope everyone is ok and ill try and catch up on the tread later....
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Urrgh - £5.61 spent in Mr T on lunch items for the next 3 days. Don't like my spends being this high so early in the month, but it was bound to happen since I wound everything down last month.

Housemates turn to cook tonight (Sausages with LO potato salad and regular salad).

I need to cook on Thursday, Friday and Saturday :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • Aldahbra
    JumbleJack is there really only half a cup of water in the rose petal Jelly. How did you get two jars full?
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    left to spend £400
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    I'm back from the shop and I kept to my list. :)

A spend of just £3.84 to add on to my total.

I've never read or thought about foraging before so I will read that thread.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Hello its a 4 week month for me so please put me down for £65 per week Total £260

Thanks
    April Grocery challenge £0/£160 (17th April-30th Apr)
    NSDs - 0/14
  • Hello all. Had my first spend of the mth today (my mth only started on the 1st :p ) Spent £85 in Ald* which included £10.68 reductions for the vouchers from paper

I didn't realise Ald! did vouchers ... What paper do I look out for??
    April Grocery challenge £0/£160 (17th April-30th Apr)
    NSDs - 0/14
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't realise Ald! did vouchers ... What paper do I look out for??

I think it was a one off hun but I'm sure due to popularity they will be back. It was the Daily Mirror - had a £5 off a £35 spend and then some 30% off certain items. x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    It was me asking about the milk man.... We're going away for 3 weeks in the summer so I might just make the break then.....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Aldahbra
    liz-paul When you go away is probably the best time to make the break. But you should tell him though.

Incidental, my brother has just started to have a milkman, although the milk is more expensive he reckons it costs him less because he often made trips to the supermarket just for milk, extra fuel costs, and he always bought other things whilst there, unnecessary item costs. Personally I find the supermarket milk which is both pasteurised and homogenised lasts over a week. I just buy loads at once.
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    left to spend £400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing