PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    nsd 4 for me yesterday, mostly becuase i ended up in hospital for the afternoon with suspected pre-eclampsia, however all is fine and i was sent home with no concerns - hoping Elvis makes an appearance soon! :)

I'm pleased to hear that all was ok :)

It will be another NSD for me today, OH is having a bad day, so I cannot leave him to get to the shops and I don't think that there is anything that I am really desperate for.

Tea tonight will be leftovers from the freezer, so things like shepherds pie.

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Puzzlebubbles - Hope "Elvis" comes along very soon and that all is ok

Sproggi - Hope today goes ok for you and OH

Hopefully today is going to be a NSD - but I may need to get bread - theres always something!!

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Hi All, late in starting as I am just back off on my holidays. Before I went I didnt have much in so its going to be a bit higher then I would like. But need to keep it low as the council tax demand has changed/been amended and its gone up from paying £0, to £29 to £59 and now I am back to a £94 a month bill!! need to look into why thats happened as well.
    So can you september £300 FOR MOOLOO.! THANKS
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nsd today not sure wats for tea yet because we might be having an extra person i need to find out before i lift something out
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Helen Jelly

I know I am on the annual grocery challange, but thanks to being VERY sick while pregnant I have no idea how much we've spent... first because I hardly ate, and DH cooked EVERYTHING for him and DS9. I've not even been able to come online i've been so very poorly! After that because as I started to eat I could only eat 'certain' things and we were shopping almost daily, then because I had cravings... LOL! What a mess! I'm nearly 23 weeks and finally had a meal plan and shopping lists in place for the last TWO weeks, but still get odd cravings and send DH out to the shop!

I think you can safely say I am about £150 - £200 over on the food shopping since I got poorly, and still going apx £10 a month over (instead of £40 - £50)!

So please could you remove me from the grocery challange as I try and sort myself out... once this month is over I might re-join for October and see if I can get back on track... because it's rewarding to stay in budget :)
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Have just put in a meat order for delivery on Tuesday. £97! eek. However the last time I did that it lasted us two months, with some still in the freezer.
    Main food order still needs to be done. Just got a text from Asda offering me a free delivery. So I may do that later today. Then I can have my shopping delivered and the cupboards well stocked again.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • julie hope things improve for you soon and i hope your pregnancy settles and you and bump now have good health

Puzzlebubbles glad to hear you and Elvis are alright and i hope 'he' puts in an appearance soon

sproggi hope your DH is feeling a bit better now and today goes well foryou both

just been shops spent £11.15 toilet roll, veggies and a couple of pillows.

need to do tomorrows list and get tonights tea sorted - got to check what veggies are left and think of something to do with them. probally be veggie soup or casserole of some description
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    NSD here for me :)

Have officially been to sign off JSA :j Have DS's home visit this afternoon for starting school next week, and have family coming over for dinner this evening. I am making a big chicken and veg pie with the bits my Nan brought me the other day, and sharing it with them :) I was going to make her a pie, but then figured they can stay here and eat :)

Also I am more than overjoyed at the results of my first ever homemade "flask yoghurt".... it is really, really nice and will save me a fortune as we go through a ton of the stuff! :D
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • Quick update from me - topped up some storecupboard bits and toiletries at Home Bargains and bought some fresh milk today - total grocery spend £14.33 so the monthly total is creeping up but I think we'll be on budget this month (and we need to be, thanks to expensive car repairs!)

Evie
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    foxface - flask yogurt? do tell me more :)

low spend day.... just need milk and some custard or evap milk to go on the steamed sponge pudding am planning on making for tonight, got HM chicken broth but tbh I've totally gone off it, so OH will have that and I'll have boiled eeggs and toast or something like that :)

Have happy days everyone, hope bumps behave/ and or /appear delete as necessary!
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family