PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing home made pizza and dough

Options

Comments

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks for all the info everyone! It's ham and mushroom pizza for us come tea-time!:j
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • jessbrown100
    jessbrown100 Posts: 891 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!
    If this has already been asked please feel free to move or delete this. I'm wanting to do some HM pizzas to freeze as easy 'ready meals'. Has anyone done this successfully and does anyone have any tips? Also, what do you use to keep them flat while freezing them? Do any companies do hygienic cardboard rounds that you can freeze them on?
    Thanks,
    Jess x
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jess

When I make HM pizza's I use nan bread: spread some tomato puree on, followed by whatever you want, tuna / chicken, etc, etc, add some tomato's and mushrooms top with grated cheese, pop under the grill for 5 / 10 minutes.

I don't freeze them as there just as easy to make.

HTH
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    You can freeze them on the baking tray to keep them flat. Then remove from the tray once frozen and place in a freezer bag.

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • kb36
    kb36 Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    I use a scone based pizza recipe for mine and freeze the dough balls in portions big enough for one. Defrosts quickly, roll it out and add the toppings - it takes a couple of minutes. I'll give you the recipe if you are interested......
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    kb36 wrote: »
    I use a scone based pizza recipe for mine and freeze the dough balls in portions big enough for one. Defrosts quickly, roll it out and add the toppings - it takes a couple of minutes. I'll give you the recipe if you are interested......

wouldnt mind your recipe for the base, my breadmaker isnt working now
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I must say, i am completely useless at making pizzas, i put in the oven something that looks rather half decent and when it comes out you break your teeth trying to get through the edges of the crust. I wouldnt mind, but the middle has cooked perfectly.:mad:
  • jessbrown100
    jessbrown100 Posts: 891 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all!
    10past6, that is a good idea and I'd love it but DH is a little bit of a purist so might have a go when he's at work!
    Nikki, doh! can't believe that I didn't think of that! I am such a numpty sometimes, will definitely do that.
    kb36, yes please :j, I can remember making scone based pizzas when I was at school and they were yum, am a better at making scones then bread so think it might work for me (might not tell DH it's a scone base until he's tried it though lol).
    Judy, :rotfl:I know exactly what you mean! My HM bread is very hit and miss and think this may be reflected in my pizza dough!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Everything you ever wanted to know... :)

The Complete Pizza Collection
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • beedeedee
    beedeedee Posts: 991 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use a Bero plain scone recipe and depending on how many it's for, I roll it and bake in an oblong grill pan (!lb flour serves 4) or a squarish oven tray (2lbs flour serves 8). If for a buffet or picnic, slice it into 16-18. Saves a fortune and tastes delish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure