DWP Selection tests...

Options

Comments

• tinkerbelle
    tinkerbelle Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you very much for that. I really appreciate it.
  • cazzersue
    Options
    Can anyone help, my friend recently sat the num & lit dwp test and received a letter to say she scored 17 in the numeracy test - is this a join score or is it only for the maths part and is this suggesting she hasfailed the literacy part? Also, on her info pack it said the pass rate was 14 - does anyone know the full rates to job applied for ratio - ie if you apply for an officer is the rate 14 or more.

Thanks
  • DizzyP
    Options
    Literacy pass marks.....
    for AA pass mark 8
    for AO pass mark 9
    for EO pass mark 11
    Numeracy test pass mark is 10
    I would say the score your friend got was just for the numeracy test :)
  • jumpycheese1
    Options
    I did these tests a month ago. There are either 2 or 3 different papers for each one. My numeracy paper was about classrooms in a college. You were given a number of tables of data with the number of people rooms can hold, how many computers are in the room, whether the rooms were accessible to wheelchairs etc. Example of a question is 'How many computers there are in rooms with wheelchair access?' Just make a 'note' of which rooms are wheelchair accessible and just add up the total computers in those rooms.

You can bring a calculator with you
    "The reason we're successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course." -- Freddie Mercury

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels - Anon.
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    muzamil wrote: »
    Hi mate, just wondering if you still remember what type questions you had to answer in the DWP test ???, just wanna practise before i take it

Hi

I did the tests a couple of weeks ago..The Literacy test is basically a letter wrote by a customer,it has 15 mistakes in it and you need to circle them..i could only see 12 when i did it so dont worry if you dont cirlce 15 as the pass rate is 9 (luckily i got 10) The mistakes are basically spelling mistakes and wrong use of a word..eg their instead of there.as for tips watch out for the customers postcode at the top it should be capitalised and Yours Faithfully at the bottom of the letter also,both of these were on my test.

The numeracy test is easy as long as your half decent with figures..questions on percentages..they gave you all the info you need and you can use a calculator
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • Corky7
    Corky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    The test has 18 questions all multiple choice which makes it even easier,basically you are given info on a school,example questions on my test were..

There is 20 classrooms with 12 rooms having disabled access..what percentage of the rooms have disabled access?

The Library room has 10% of the schools computers..if there are 240 computers in the whole school how many computers does the library room have?

Seriously it is easy..I am pretty average at maths (Grade C at GCSE) and i scored 16 out of 18.The only thing i would be carefull of is that the test is timed..15 mins so i was rushed towards the end..guessed the last 2 answers probs the 2 i got wrong!
    Not sure what the pass rate is probs be 14.
    NOEL GALLAGHER IS GOD
  • ALWAYSSKINT
    Options
    Hi All, I Took These Tests Last Week And Got Through To Interview On The Same Day. I Found The Interview Rather Tough As You Have To Answer The Questions Based On Things You Have Done In Your Life To Display The Competencies.
    Today I Received A Letter With My Scores On For The 2 Tests But No Mention Of The Interview. Does This Mean That I Havent Been Successful This Time Or Will I Get Another Letter To Say If I Have Been Successful Or Not? Anyone Got Any Idea? Thanks.
    Ps The Letter Says I Dont Have To Sit The Tests Again If I Were To Reapply In The Future.
  • ALWAYSSKINT
    Options
    The Literacy Test Was A Passage Which Contained Spelling Mistakes, Grammatical Errors Etc And The Numeracy Test Was The One About A College With Various Rooms, Different No Of Pc's, So Many Had Wheelchair Access, And Also Different Class Times Eg, 8-10 Pm Or 5-7 Pm. The Questions Were Based On The Information Given In The Tables Which You Had To Work Out. There Was A Calculator Provided. We Had 20 Mins And Believe Me It Goes Quick. I Got To No 16 Out Of 20 Questions, I Dont Think Many People Finished.
    Good Luck If You Are Sitting It.
  • the_gre4t_one
    Options
    hi mate, have you taken the literacy test yet? if so any ideas what to look out for? if you can remember any words or grammer mistakes to look for...... would be very grateful
    thanks
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hazard the guess, AlwaysSkint, that locating or correctly using the caps lock key is not one of the qualifying tests?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure