Anybody been employed after getting sacked for gross misconduct.

Options

Comments

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know someone who was in a similar position and the circumstances under which my temp (agency) contract ended were not too good either.
    Basically you look for a job - any job. Look on it as a 'loss leader' if necessary. Agencies and small businesses are a better bet than councils/big organisations. Shamelessly use any contacts. That then becomes your most recent employer. Really, put as much employment distance between you and the one which sacked you.
    The tricky bit comes if you are asked at application stage if you ever had a disciplinary action against you. As in 'ever'. Then comes the tough decision as to whether you are honest.
    Frankly it's a question I have always wondered about, seeing as I used to work for an organisation which seemed to bully and sack people on a whim. I mean even former criminals get second chances don't they...
  • kissit
    kissit Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    well thanx for everybodies response etc and good words.
    like i said at the moment i am getting loads of ovetime at the nhs but knowing things there it will stop one day but i a hoping to get a full time contract so then it will be happy days.
    but i am hoping to get full time employment elsewhere. i will be puting down the nhs as my latest employer and to be honest i will get a very good reference offf them and as for the other job i will put down that i was dismissed and explain it.blimey 22 years employment and no problems and just 2 swear words which wosen even at a customer, must count for something.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emily1990 wrote: »
    Well, I won't be helping you in the future then.

Don't worry the OP hasn't taken on board anyone else's advice either.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • kissit
    Options
    what u on about olly?
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kissit wrote: »
    well thanx for everybodies response etc and good words.
    like i said at the moment i am getting loads of ovetime at the nhs but knowing things there it will stop one day but i a hoping to get a full time contract so then it will be happy days.
    but i am hoping to get full time employment elsewhere. i will be puting down the nhs as my latest employer and to be honest i will get a very good reference offf them and as for the other job i will put down that i was dismissed and explain it.blimey 22 years employment and no problems and just 2 swear words which wosen even at a customer, must count for something.
    Have you taken advice as to whether your dismissal was legal?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • kissit
    Options
    i have been down to the cab about it and acas and now i am just getting my paperwork together and sending it off to ET.
  • matimage
    matimage Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, I did, for something pathetic, they wanted shot of me so grasped straws.

Anyway, no problem at all getting another job.

Good luck.
    Sometimes you get what you deserve... :cool2:

• kissit
    Options
    hope so. chers for that.
  • woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Emily1990 has given an example of where someone has gained employment following dismissal for gross misconduct.

No she hasn't as i SERIOUSLY doubt, unless there was a security issue, using facebook would be calssed as Gross Misconduct.
  • wuckfit
    wuckfit Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    No she hasn't as i SERIOUSLY doubt, unless there was a security issue, using facebook would be calssed as Gross Misconduct.
    Have to disagree with you there. there are many reasons why posting things on facebook could be seen as Gross Misconduct, such as defamatory comments, bringing a profession into disrepute.
    At the very least , it's gross stupidity to post comments about your colleagues or superiors or workplace where the whole world can read it.

I heard of someone who got caught writing something like "my boss thinks I'm off sick, but I've gone to glastonbury"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure