Gladstone Brookes won't reopen my case now I've found bank statements/Barclaycard say I didn't have

Options
Don't shoot me for getting Gladstone brookes to sort out our ppi as I'm unwell. I originally lodged a claim in 2017.

Whilst having a clear out and found some bank statements that show I had a loan for two years from premium credit. Gladstone say it can't now be looked at because of the deadline. Surely I because they looked at it in 2017 it classes as already being lodged? And why couldn't they see that information at the time?

I also asked about my Barclaycard which I thought I never used (just like my husband who then got £950 back) but had discovered I spent £50 - 100 a month between 2002 and 2005. The letter from Barclays states I didn't have ppi on it but Hubby's letter states "we have been unable accurately calculate your refund because our investigation has been unable to find any record of the premiums you paid"

Do I have a case to pursue?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's good news.

If they confirm that have closed your case then as long as they had actually sent in your complaint, you can send your supporting information directly to Barclaycard as you should have in the first place.

Everyone's a winner, which isn't something you can often say about someone who employs a claims company.

Hopefully your complaint reasons were valid.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 November 2019 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Think the "Premium Credit Loan" is a separate issue from the Barclaycard one.

Premium Credit appear to provide finance to customers to pay for insurance premiums, school fees, membership fees, season tickets etc. Whilst the OP might have told the CMC about the Premium Credit Loan in 2017 it's not clear whether the CMC pursued it at the time. The CMC "looking at it" in 2017 is neither here no there unless the complaint reached the lender

With regard to the Barclaycard it's perfectly possible that Barclaycard can see on their records whether a card had PPI or not whilst no longer having records of the actual PPI premiums paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure