Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bossypants
    • By Bossypants 13th Oct 19, 1:56 PM
    • 1,019Posts
    • 2,026Thanks
    Bossypants
    New PC Monitoring - VA LCD or LED for best black?
    • 13th Oct 19, 1:56 PM
    New PC Monitoring - VA LCD or LED for best black? 13th Oct 19 at 1:56 PM
    My 15 year old HP screen has held up remarkably well, but is finally beginning to show signs of having had its day. I started researching new screens (knowing nothing about this type of technology at all), and keep finding comparisons between the different types of LCD panels, and also being told that LEDs are overall better than LCDs, but no direct comparisons between LEDs and the three separate types of LCDs.

What I really want to know is whether VA LCDs or LEDs give the best 'true black', without the glow around the edges of the screen, as this is a major criteria for me. Would anyone be able to advise, please? Many thanks!
Page 1
    • Timalay
    • By Timalay 13th Oct 19, 4:43 PM
    • 788 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    Timalay
    • 13th Oct 19, 4:43 PM
    • 13th Oct 19, 4:43 PM
    LCD and LED are the same types of screens. It's just how they are lit up as such.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

2,171Users online

Martin's Twitter