Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    You WILL get it next week.

Not a lover of the SW sausages or the burgers but yes the beans help. A lot.

I think the burgers are really good.... a bit weird to cook though with you having to shallow fry them from frozen. Kind of odd really.

The sausages are strange. They're very dense which makes them a bit odd to chew but mixed in with beans it helps a lot and it was very pleasant. Might have that as my goto simple evening meal instead of the microwave SW meals which are a pain to keep getting in.

There are plenty of low syn sausages around as a good alternative to the original SW ones.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Maman - you do still get holidays as a target member. You still get the normal 6 weeks but obviously only need to book holiday when you're out of target range which is why I always like to be within range so don't have to book holidays! With the amount of holidays I have you can understand why! Think I've only ever booked a couple of weeks holiday since I reached target all those years ago!

I've still not tried the SW burgers or sausages but there seems to be very mixed views about them. As I have a local butchers who makes very low fat burgers & sausages (only 0.5 syns each) I've just stuck with those. Although I think they've bought out a spicy burger now, haven't they? If so may try those for a change at some stage (but not until I return from holiday as I've already done my menu plan until I go away - although that's gone a bit by the wayside this week with my DGS being here! He's now gone back home! His company have now said it'll be another 2 to 3 weeks before he'll be able to move into a flat so now he'll have to make other arrangements to get his stuff from my place (too much to get in my car to take back with him!) to Reading.

I've kept to plan this week although DH and DGS haven't always had the same as me - like last night - I had LO curry & rice and they had kebabs & chips. Those chips looked and smelled lovely but I resisted:A.

Today's plan:

B - bacon & mushroom sandwich (HEB + 3)
    L - jacket potato, baked beans & salad
    D - savoury mince with mash, loads of veg but not sure what yet, I'll have a look in the freezer & then decide!

HEA - skimmed milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 1 tsp butter 2; 1 Tbs brown sauce 1; 2 Biscoff Lotus biscuits 4

Have gone over syns by about 10 this week but hopefully should still have a STS or even a small loss. Will see tomorrow!

Denise
  • Had my weigh-in at SW on Monday night. Pleased to say that I lost a further 3.5lbs
    that's 8.5lbs in 3 weeks,so I'm now down to 13stone 6.5.
    Quite chuffed and I got my 'half-stone lost' certificate lol.
    Feeling quite happy.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    giggling goat~~great result.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I have been very lucky today.
    Someone bought me some localy grown strawberries and wow thay are just awesome
    I also had a home grown potato as a baked potato for lunch with beans which was also gifted.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I also had a home grown potato as a baked potato for lunch with beans which was also gifted.
    That's interesting beanie . I had the HM frozen baked potato today. It was fluffy with nice skin and easy to defrost. It wasn't very tasty though. I wonder whether that's because I normally buy Maris Piper and this was just bog standard.
    giggling goat~~great result.
    Yay! That's great! :T

Like you denise I've so rarely booked holidays I can't even remember which year it was! I generally just WI before I go away and then stay away until I know I'm back in range. We'll see how I get on tomorrow.

I was very good at tea. I just had 4 small crustless sandwiches and a couple of crisps. I brought the cakes and scones home in a doggy bag for DH!:D The sandwiches were probably granary but couldn't be 50 syns! Could they???:rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    MKS wrote: »
    That is why I don't eat sausages.:rotfl::rotfl:

Please tell me that you did not repeatedly suck on these.......... you will get arrested!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Stoke wrote: »
    -2lbs off last night which means I am once again just 0.5lbs off 5st. Hopefully, hopefully, I will get it next week.

Anyone tried SW sausages with ordinary baked beans? Did it last night and they seem to compliment each other really well. The sauce takes a bit of the dryness out of the sausages :)

OMG.... the thread is full of sausages!...... But I may try this one!

Well done, you are doing fab :T:T:T:T
    maman wrote: »
    :

Asda kippers (chilled) are either free or 1 syn for 100g if they are the ones with butter ssm.:)

I bought a bag of baking potatoes and cooked them in the oven alongside my roast at the weekend before freezing. I'm having one for lunch today so I'll see if I think they're much better than doing them in the microwave.:)

Out for tea this afternoon. I've got about 50 syns left, will eat lunch beforehand and saved my HEB today so hopefully that should cover it.

I am feeling slimmer but not enough to lose the 3 lbs over target range. I'm going to ask consultant tomorrow whether I have any holidays (do target members have holidays??) or what's the best way of just marking time for a couple of weeks until I can get back on track properly. Next week will be a write off with loads of meals out starting tomorrow night. I don't mind paying if I have to I just need to find the best scenic route.:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEA for milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onion and beetroot
    D: SW Bolognese with tagliatelle
    Syns: Parmesan 2? and whatever damage afternoon tea does.:(

Thanks, they are the free ones. Good idea with the jacket potatoes. Sounds like you enjoyed the tea :T:T:T

You are definitely keeping me on track, which must be hard :D You know you can do it xxxx

Meal today
    Breakfast
    all bran, FF greek yoghurt and brambles.

Lunch

Carrots, two small apples and half a banana - the other was black

tea

kipper/salad (left over) sweet corn and tomatoes (one super light mayo)

Maybe a snack of fruit and yoghurt later. x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Had my weigh-in at SW on Monday night. Pleased to say that I lost a further 3.5lbs
    that's 8.5lbs in 3 weeks,so I'm now down to 13stone 6.5.
    Quite chuffed and I got my 'half-stone lost' certificate lol.
    Feeling quite happy.

Well done x
    I have been very lucky today.
    Someone bought me some localy grown strawberries and wow thay are just awesome

Wonderful x
    maman wrote: »
    That's interesting beanie . I had the HM frozen baked potato today. It was fluffy with nice skin and easy to defrost. It wasn't very tasty though. I wonder whether that's because I normally buy Maris Piper and this was just bog standard.

Yay! That's great! :T

Like you denise I've so rarely booked holidays I can't even remember which year it was! I generally just WI before I go away and then stay away until I know I'm back in range. We'll see how I get on tomorrow.

I was very good at tea. I just had 4 small crustless sandwiches and a couple of crisps. I brought the cakes and scones home in a doggy bag for DH!:D The sandwiches were probably granary but couldn't be 50 syns! Could they???:rotfl:

Flip that is a scary thought.... what was in them thick butter and jam?
    :D:D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2018 at 8:46PM
    Another jacket potato here for lunch with beans & salad. Seems to have been a popular choice for lunch today!

Maman how did you defrost your potato? Was it in the microwave or did you defrost & then reheat in microwave? How long?

Well done gigglinggoat. That's another good loss.

I'm making a sausage casserole in the SC tomorrow and think I'm going to try the SW sausages in it as I can't get to the butchers tomorrow to get my usual ones (thought I had some in the freezer but unfortunately haven't)
    Will let you know what I think of them in a casserole, hopefully the liquid will help, LOL!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I did the potato from frozen denise . I gave it 5 minutes and it felt soft enough. Then while I got my salad and bits together I gave it another minute to make sure it was hot.

Glad to hear your DGS has got himself sorted at least temporarily. Now you can get your DH back on plan!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure