The Final Countdown

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great sale :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Stuck at home but warm and safe so I am one of the fortunate ones. Just made a very satisfying large payment in the £30ks now. About to do a day of EBay listing as I am planning on using EBay income to live on in March so that I can make another big payment in April, things will slow down for a while then but hopefully I can stay on track for my audacious year end goal.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Brilliant progress - totally smashing it!

Happy ebaying! :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    :j:j:jToots!!!!!:wave::wave::wave:

Great progress :)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tootallulah
    I have managed 3 no spending days (unique achievement) as I am stuck at home and there is no point doing any ordering as the parcels can't be delivered. I have 9 EBay items completing on Sunday so the promised thaw is much hoped for.

Thanks GreenT and GG, six months rent in a lump sum really upped the ante, I will get 3 months on 1 April and then it gets quieter again. But it is really great, I have been paying off for so long, and at one point I was £310k in mortgage debt on one salary. This feels very this feels doable. For anyone with an apparently insurmountable mortgage debt I cannot emphasise enough that those small, often tiny payments in the early days make a huge difference later on.
  • tootallulah
    And if you can hang onto the first property and rent it out that can be a game changer, it certainly was for me.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What an immense OP, well done Toots!
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • :) It sounds like you have your head firmly screwed on your shoulders, so well done. And I am sure you can make it within your target. :) (If you slip by a month of two, that's ok too, with rentals, there can be unexpected expenses, so set your ideals with some leeway...)
  • tootallulah
    I haven't spent any money on food for 6 days as I have largely been snowed in, shamingly the freezers still look, and are, full to the gunnells. I have plenty of milk so need to practice shop avoidance for as long as possible, my food budget is £8 per day, if I can only spend on milk until all other food runs out that would be an extra £200 to the mortgage. The challenge is on, my food budget for March is £48.00, I will record any spends on here. Fantastic news of my day is that the crane that has been o/s my house for weeks has been packed up and moved away this morning - I am hoping this means the sewer works must be coming to an end after 9 months of disruption, closed roads etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure