Options

Comments

• UN17ED
    UN17ED Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I have a certain amount of scepticism, however:

If they want to close the self service tills early, they can do. They don't need a reason and they don't need to re-open them just because your daughter would prefer not to use other tills.
    The ban is probably a culmination of incidents, with regards to food, not wanting anyone near you, suspicion of theft and trying to make them re-open the tills. Especially if you're in there every day - they are a business at the end of the day and reasonable adjustments only go so far.

What did your daughters's GP or mental health team say when you went for help with her not eating for a week? If your daughter's illness is impacting on her life to this degree, she needs more help than being able to go back shopping in Sainsbury's.

The suspicion of theft was farcical, I'd got some items from morrisons, which were all there own brand which were in my basket on the front of my mobility scooter which could quite easily be seen.

Yes they are a business and we were in there everyday spending a heck of a lot of money and does it matter we were in there everyday?

No arguement from me either regarding them closing the tills at whatever time they want, we were told that the tills were shut at 10pm and only asked the one time for them to be opened again. But don't come out with different excuses as to why as it's not exactly good customer service is it?
  • UN17ED
    Options
    I actually like your post :) Its the *right* way of approaching things, fair play to you!

I hope OP doesn't see my post as a criticism (tried to break it all down point by point), BUT the whole not eating in 7 days thing is actually extremely worrying... You need to eat, drink and breathe to survive...

No I didn't see your post as criticism, it was completely unfair, yes it was worrying that she wouldn't eat, it greatly affected us as a family and with help from the GP we got her through it.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UN17ED wrote: »
    If another customer comes near then she has to put whatever is in her trolley back and start over.
    If a member of staff goes near when she is in the self service tills then she'll pack it up but won't have it hence why sometimes we used to go in there everyday.

You would be there all day when other customers come near her.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    Didn't eat for 7 days?

Yes didn't eat for 7 days
  • UN17ED
    Options
    True true, but Hoogle did handle it really well here! I wouldn't knock them for their response!

It just sort of differs slightly in that OP is claiming disability discrimination for something not related to how they were treated (the self service being closed).

Your words not mine.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UN17ED wrote: »

No arguement from me either regarding them closing the tills at whatever time they want, we were told that the tills were shut at 10pm and only asked the one time for them to be opened again. But don't come out with different excuses as to why as it's not exactly good customer service is it?

Its probably not an easy thing to get the self scan up and running, if they opened them up just for your and your daughter they would have to let other customers use them.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think someone else has already made the point that all the staff are unlikely to know about your daughter's condition.
    And to expect them to know is unreasonable.

I find it very strange (and hard to believe) that staff sprayed cleaning stuff near your daughter's food.
    And why would a member of staff touch your daughter's food?
    Do you mean they touched the food she already has in her trolley?
    Are were they simply restocking shelves with items she wanted to buy?

You find it strange and hard to believe?? Well unfortunately it is true as we as a family had to deal with the aftermath and upset,
    They were touching items that had been placed in the bagging area.

I had spoken to the various managers in the store and explained about my daughters ocd and they assured me staff would be made aware so why would I doubt them??
  • UN17ED
    Options
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    If your daughter has not eaten for 7 days why the hell hasn't your doctor or mental health worker gotten involved. Why haven't you contacted them?

They were made aware, thankfully between the GP and my daughter and our family she got help, the less said about mental health the better.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    So many implausibles in the OP. Why was there a suspicion of theft or use of another!!!8217;s bank card? And not able to eat for seven days would leave her severely ill, probably in hospital.

There might be a grain of truth, but exaggeration has destroyed any sympathy I might have had.

Exaggeration? None at all and my family are having to live through these so called lies, I wouldn't wish our lives on anyone and the hell we are all going through daily is unlivable and it is all getting worse due to mental health who refuse to do the right thing for my daughter.

The amount of suicides in the area especially younger males and females is due to the lack of help available.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    A cleaning solution is used for cleaning the shelves, Ive been under the impression the staff are meant to move items and then spray the shelf and wipe (they do this if its dirty), so I presume this happened and the item the daughter was buying was next to where the surface was sprayed.

It was sprayed at the self service tills.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure