<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Pumpkin is fairly tasteless, so you need to cook it with things that have lots of flavour so it absorbs them. Roasting it first can help too. I'm sure I used the recipe too...

This might help http://www.floraskitchenstories.com/2015/11/sausage-lentil-and-pumpkin-casserole.html
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you. This looks nice. Might try it with the sausages we have in the freezer.
  • I've had a rummage and still can't find it. If I was re-imagining it now it would inevitably include paprika and chipotle flakes.

Did find a nice sausage and marmalade bake recipe that I haven't made for years so one for later this week, also a magic chocolate (self-saucing) pudding that the boys used to like. I stopped making a lot of these things when I started working five days sadly.

I think a lot of the recipes went onto my 'food shopping on cash' MFi3 diary (when we tried to only spend the SS £20 board contribution because anything else had to go on a card) when the first crisis happened so long gone sadly.

Need to do something with the cooking apples too, probably crumble as my hands are not up to pastry today. I think there is an emergency tin of custard, but if not there is ice cream in the freezer.
  • MrsChaos
    edited 5 November 2017 at 9:55PM
    Let me know about the yeast. I work around the corner from the post office and can call at lunch time or after work. ;)

OH has informed me that he doesn't like sausage casserole at all, so I'll make one for myself, probably just with bits of proper chorizo, well browned. Long day tomorrow with DS2's drum lesson, so I won't be cooking properly until Tuesday. Monday is jacket spud night, because OH can start them when he gets in from work.
  • Thanks - will let you know if there is still none tomorrow.

I don't like 'wet' sausage casserole, but it is greatly improved if you skin the sausages and roll the sections into meat balls and brown them. I saw a few chorizo/butterbean/pumpkin type dishes when I was looking.

Made an apple crumble and the chocolate magic pudding so sugar overdose in this house.
  • No update on the remortgage, even though the promised '48-72 hours' is now up, and its a fortnight since they updated anything. Meh! I hate waiting. At this rate the offer will change before it gets to underwriter, the options elsewhere will increase in cost if we are refused and we will hot another month on our horrid high SVR.

My new favourite little cat was playing football with something, which turned out to be the missing bit that I need to try and fix the broken key that Mrs Fatpants broke, hurrah.

DS1 has to make soup at school this week :rotfl: At least something where I have everything in stock.
  • MrsChaos
    I'm not very patient either. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

Well done to little cat for providing the missing link.
  • Yes hope you hear soon...
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Fingers crossed for some news soon - annoying when people give you an expected timescale then ignore it utterly!

I think the theory with the pumpkins that are sold in the UK for carving is that they're not really intended for cooking. personally for any "pumpkin" recipe I tend to substitute "A.N.Other Squash, Esquire" - butternut when they're on special offer.

Yes to lobbing lentils in curries. Also a fan of the little red lentils in stews, and a handful of oatmeal in a stew thickens it and gives the gravy a gorgeous richness. Porridge oats or oatmeal can work well to bulk out bolognese, chilli or indeed anything with that sort of sauce.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • I have had to make 6 phone calls about the same technical problem with the remortgage today and am very :mad:

Little of any use to report, and the shameful confession of chip shop tea because I was tired and fed up after being solidly on the phone or the bank website for two hours since I got in from work.
    All of my good intentions went out of the window, and I had a glorious proper white bread, salt, butter and chip butty that will no doubt give me indigestion for half of the night :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback