PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    More done this morning.

51 DS2 not returning his wellies so box in recyr. It's been hanging around since Christmas.

52 box of supplies for DH work has gone to his work. The box has been in the hall since early December. He reckons he hadn't noticed it.

53-54 2 bags of rubbish in the bin from DS2 room.

55. Another bag of shredding done and in compost heap as is the contents of the compost bin/tub kept in the kitchen.

A few more books sorted for the League of Friends shop but will count them when I take them.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Rootle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping to join in with a very realistic goal! I'd like to set myself the challenge of getting rid of 1 thing per week! But it's the awkward lying around FOREVER items I want to work on so that will still be an achievement for me. This is also the first MSE thread I've joined so hope I've done it right and that others will be king. :)

First on my list is an old replaced smoke detector which needs to go in a WEEE bin?! Been lying on the kitchen counter for nearly a year.

Welcome Rootle,

Anything & everything decluttered is a win & realistic goals are the order of the day! Think of the sense of achievement when you meet your goal (:dance:) plus if you get enthused & declutter a 2nd item do pat yourself on the back. By the same token, if RL (real life) gets in the way & nothing goes out DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP, just pop into the thread for some tlc & common sense solutions/ideas. Everyone here is lovely & very encouraging.
    Please do pop in & let us know your successes as it also acts as an encouragement to the rest of us! Keeping a running total will also act as an incentive e.g. when the smoke alarm is out of your life = 1/52

MrsSD:T
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Today’s items:

156 Ravioli making kit never used to cs
    157 Small cardboard box recycled
    158 Glass jar recycled

MrsSD
    158/2018

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rootle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping to join in with a very realistic goal! I'd like to set myself the challenge of getting rid of 1 thing per week! But it's the awkward lying around FOREVER items I want to work on so that will still be an achievement for me. This is also the first MSE thread I've joined so hope I've done it right and that others will be king. :)

First on my list is an old replaced smoke detector which needs to go in a WEEE bin?! Been lying on the kitchen counter for nearly a year.

Local council tip/recycle centre best for those............and welcome aboard!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • adventureofmemories
    Options
    I'd like to join
    We have so much clutter in our house especially after christmas,
    I want to be able to have a tidy home for easier and stress free living.

I've only started the challenge today - found on a another website
    Debt to fiancee - £404.00 (left to pay) | Save £12,000 in 2018 - £371.90 all together|2,018 items in 2018 (8/2,018)
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    2 more bags out. One to the charity shop full of ornaments and books and a bin liner full of card, loo rolls and plastics to the allotment.

The other night I weeded a load of books for work. I am lucky that I work in a hospital and know where all the book sale places are.They are neither in a bag or out of the house yet so will list them when done.

Lots of stuff going here, its very motivating for me top come here every day and check out what other people are doing, makes me want to chuck out more to keep up.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    159 Glass coffeejar washed & recycled

MrsSD
    159/2018

• adventureofmemories
    adventureofmemories Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 13 January 2018 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Got rid of ;
    A old hair towel (I had a brand new one for christmas)
    An old baseball cap i never wear
    A scarf - I have a whole collection of them and was gifted 3 for christmas
    A pair of slippers - Again was gifted 3 pairs for christmas
    A mandala colouring book - its all bent and wrecked
    A bunch of papers
    The top of a laundry detergent bottle (where you pour the liquid to measure)
    A bunch of take-a-way sugars

08/2,018
    Debt to fiancee - £404.00 (left to pay) | Save £12,000 in 2018 - £371.90 all together|2,018 items in 2018 (8/2,018)
  • 2018saver
    Options
    2 small broken toys in the bin and 2 items sold and posted
    190/2018
  • Seaotter
    Seaotter Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seaotter wrote: »
    49 palm cross

50-249 DD decluttered 200 things from her room! :T:T:T
    250 DD and I finished the utility room and we counted another 18 things that went out, mainly in the bin
    258 Two yellow knitted egg cosies
    260 1 football boot. One day I might find the other one
    261 two Christmas decorations
    263 15 coat hangers
    278 slippers that didn't survive a trip in the washing machine :(
    279 a hat box. I have no hats and can't imagine getting one in the foreseeable future!
    Declutter our home in 2024
    Lose weight in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family