edited 8 January 2018 at 7:16PM
    gocat wrote: »
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105
    On this link it says has NFC

But on this link
    http://www.phonemore.com/alcatel-u5-5044d/specs/3493
    Says doesnt have NFC.

So are argoose telling porkies
    Anyone else got this phone and does yours have NFC?

I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle :o. I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isn’t an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone :(.

Anon
  • emerald21 wrote: »
    Anyone got this please don’t know how to do it Thanks :o

If you have Windows 7 or Windows 10 you have it on your computer. You simply bring it up, click "new" on the menu it brings up, then you drag the box around that which you want to copy/print etc. You can save it, copy it or print.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    :eek:
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I’m actually in a town, but the top result on google was London... over 200 miles away!

Zoom in to the map. That can't be right. I can see some in all areas around London.
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Afternoon All

Not been around much lately, but have read all your posts, which keep me entertained and informed.
    Have a nasty chest infection and cough, but hopefully it will sort itself out.

Have booked BG to "fix" my heating tomorrow. Found I have a very old service contract, that's no longer available, costs me £4.00 per month. then a £50.00 call out charge, which includes all work and parts. Fancy forgetting about that.
    Boiler is only staying on for a bit and then switches itself off, so house not getting above 13 degrees.
    Last firm, through emergency house insurance told me it was the thermostat, so they disconnected it and sent me an estimate for having a new one fitted, but makes no difference.
    BG will probably tell me system is obsolete and need a new boiler, we will see.

A very belated Happy New Year to you all.
    Hope it's a sweet one, filled with love, happiness, good health and plenty of glitches.
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Saversue wrote: »
    Good Afternoon All

Not been around much lately, but have read all your posts, which keep me entertained and informed.
    Have a nasty chest infection and cough, but hopefully it will sort itself out.

Have booked BG to "fix" my heating tomorrow. Found I have a very old service contract, that's no longer available, costs me £4.00 per month. then a £50.00 call out charge, which includes all work and parts. Fancy forgetting about that.
    Boiler is only staying on for a bit and then switches itself off, so house not getting above 13 degrees.
    Last firm, through emergency house insurance told me it was the thermostat, so they disconnected it and sent me an estimate for having a new one fitted, but makes no difference.
    BG will probably tell me system is obsolete and need a new boiler, we will see.

A very belated Happy New Year to you all.
    Hope it's a sweet one, filled with love, happiness, good health and plenty of glitches.

I used to have this contract and they replaced up to four parts free ...I just acted silly and they replaced some then found they had to send out for more.
    The next day a different guy came with the extra parts but it didnt sort it so I made him tea and told him that I was promised it would work and couldnt pay for any extra parts.
    He agreed to replace the whole circuit board, electrics too for no extra money and was really lovely about it.
    My boiler is absolutely ancient and still going strong nearly five years later, so hope you get yours sorted too x
  • s4mmy
    s4mmy Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I need to hand back my badge and make huge amends. Someone a few days ago asked about where to pick people up from Manchester airport. I was struggling with RL and couldn't remember enough detail to help, especially as I am dyslexic with numbers. But I did an airport run yesterday and worked hard at remembering. The best and cheapest way of picking someone up who is arriving at Terminal 1 or 3 is to ask them to go to Terminal 1 Departures A. I can't find information online about the difference between A and B, but the website drop off directions seem accurate for A:
    • Leave the M56 at Junction 5 and follow the signs for Terminal 1.
    • You will see the 'Hilton Hotel', followed quickly by the 'Clayton Hotel', on your left hand side.
    • Take the ramp to the left and enter the car park under the 'Drop Off' sign on the left hand side.
    The person waiting needs to stand on the pavement so that they are facing the cars coming up the ramp. You park in one of the bays and they leap into the car. I tend to time it so that the person being picked up is there before me, but if necessary, you can, with the help of your sat nav, drive off and then go back and try again. While it is usually very busy when I need to drop someone off, it has never been very busy when I pick up – I guess I have been lucky.

In the multi-storey car park you can park for 30 mins for £4. I only did that when I was picking Mum up and couldn't trust her to find her way to the departures drop off area and that was ages ago.

I'm sorry this wasn't in time for whoever needed the information but may help in the future.
    Thank you so much for the information - it will really help as we are picking dd up this week x
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    louj101 wrote: »
    Hello everyone x

hope your all having a good day xx

Lou I see your posts about your pain levels - have you been to the Pain Clinic? I know a man who could help you and maybe give you a little bit if your life and independence back - feel free to message me :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I seem to have only been able to open 7 envelopes with my Halifax card instead of 10 . Wonder if it’s changing
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    henrik777 wrote: »
    :eek:

Zoom in to the map. That can't be right. I can see some in all areas around London.
    Thanks, I tried again and clicked on the map, it says there is a couple around the town I haven't tried yet, so will see.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Anon wrote: »
    I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle :o. I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isn’t an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone :(.

Anon
    Aaw not your fault. I looked at the link before I went to buy and it said got nfc. Yet fuzgun has posted one that she knows has nfc and argos dont mention it. I've live chatted them and they said will sort it out on the website. Will take phone back to argoos tomorrow.
    Curiosity got the better of me and wanted to have a go at AP :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport