IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Nurse with £5500 parking """fines"""

Options
I have complete sympathy with nurses and their parking problems but why would you let it get to £5500? Unless a "friend" has given "legal" advice to ignore.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nurses-fury-after-getting-charged-11804315
I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Croydon Health Services NHS Trust said: “We are a busy hospital, and work hard to make sure our parking is fair. We offer concessions for patients, including those who require regular hospital visits, and designated areas for staff.

“Wardens will only ticket those cars that have stayed over their allotted time.

“If any patient or member of staff feels they have been ticketed unfairly, we offer the chance to appeal.”

and they wonder about shortage of staff
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    She knew she couldnt park, yet continued to rack up loads of fines, her own fault!
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    She knew she couldnt park, yet continued to rack up loads of fines, her own fault!

as in most of the hospital cases , THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH PARKING PLACES ALLOCATED TO STAFF
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some of it was where she overstayed whilst dealing with patients, or should she just walk away when her official shift time ends?

The whole parking thing in the UK is wrong - if people need to drive to work then they need a place to park; instead councils, employers and parking companies view it as a moneymaking scheme.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So how do all the other nurses manage?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    So how do all the other nurses manage?

why not have a drive to Wales and ask some nurses

if you read the press artice again you will see "Single mum Vicky Slayford says she has received more than 80 tickets while doing her job and reveals virtually all her colleagues have had at least one ticket from private firm Empark UK"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    having looked at enpark , and number of DVLA enquires , I suspect that they are getting the keepers details direct from the database that they or the hospital holds , the lady had her permit on display (probably with a number on it) and cross ref would be easy by empark

the proof of the pudding would be 80 seperate requests to the DVLA for info
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Parking at our local hospital was free - for medical staff, patients and visitors.

Unfortunately, this was abused by shop workers and shoppers who parked there and walked the sort distance into town.

Medics and other hospital staff have their own designated free car park. Visitors and patients have to pay - but at least they can park now that most of the car park isn't being used by shoppers!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Parking facilities can be done properly if the hospital trust has a mind to do it. Pop-up multi-story car parks will double or triple the available spaces in certain circumstances if more spaces are needed even on a long term but temporary basis.
    Long term solutions can be found as has happened with the new build hospital at Southmead, Bristol accompanied by the closure of the nearby Frenchay hospital. Temporary parking and park and ride for staff and patients was provided whilst the old car park was dug up and a new multi-story car park built.

The last thing any hospital should be doing is employing an unregulated private parking company. Anyone who does even the briefest of research will discover that the unregulated private parking industry is a scam, and is only there to feed the greed of the company without any regard for actually managing the parking.
    There is no advantage to an unregulated private parking company actually having people guiding cars to parking spaces, turning motorists away if there are no free spaces, and generally managing the parking flow. They would make no money if they did that.

The important thing to remember here is that the money generated does not go to the NHS or hospital trust where an unregulated private parking company is used. It goes to the unregulated private parking company.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a HUNT thing ?

The nodding dog Jeremy Hunt really should be set
    aside for a professional to take over

On the Andrew Marr programme today, Theresa May