PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Tenancies in Eng/Wales: Guides for landlords and tenants

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Post reserved.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2018 at 12:42PM
    Kindly do not add posts to this thread.

If you wish to comment publicly on the posts above, please do so by starting a new thread, using the "New thread" button.

If you wish to make corrections or propose additional wording, highlight updates or changes in the law, ideas for a future topic etc. please PM me. I welcome all suggestions.

If you have a query or problem with your own tenancy (either as a tenant or landlord), and would like help, please do not post it here. Create your own new thread using the "New thread" button.
  • I am wanting to rent a flat in February 2019 and have starting viewing now. I have found one and to secure it the charges are astronomical as well as charges payable on move in day:
    Non refundable tenancy set up fee £300
    Non refundable guarantor fee £150
    Payable on move in day:
    1st months rent £650.00
    Deposit £900.00
    Check out fee payable in advance £60.00
    Are these charges within the law? I feel like it's a mega rip off. Any help would be appreciated
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ymenotnow wrote: »
    Stuff

Please read the very clear instruction in the post above yours then delete your post and start a new thread, after which I will delete this post to keep the thread clear for G_M.
  • Is it like you are selling your flat?
    Actually, this is the month of February.
  • what do you mean?
  • Don't know if this apies to.rhis thread but I was wondering what happens if your landlord isn't registered when they are legally required to. I.e I've lived here 5 years and now selling and wants me out. I know I need a section 21 but I want to know where I stand with paying rent as she isn't registered so can she still serve a section8 for non payment. Baring in mind she isn't declaring said rent income either or done any boiler checks for 4 years even after telling her that the boiler wasnt working properly
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Don't know if this apies to.rhis thread but I was wondering what happens if your landlord isn't registered when they are legally required to. I.e I've lived here 5 years and now selling and wants me out. I know I need a section 21 but I want to know where I stand with paying rent as she isn't registered so can she still serve a section8 for non payment. Baring in mind she isn't declaring said rent income either or done any boiler checks for 4 years even after telling her that the boiler wasnt working properly

Please start a new thread of your own where your questions can be addressed, this thread is for information only.
  • Gmj
    Gmj Posts: 11 Forumite
    My 12 month contract ends 23rd July, I intend to renew my contract for a further 12 months. The property goes back on the market 8 weeks before this date (28th May). Is there any way I can get around paying admin fees to sign my new contract? Do I have to risk someone else signing for the property between 28th May and 1st June in order to get out of paying the fees?
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    See below.
    Gmj wrote: »
    My 12 month contract ends 23rd July, I intend to renew my contract for a further 12 months. The property goes back on the market 8 weeks before this date (28th May). Is there any way I can get around paying admin fees to sign my new contract? Do I have to risk someone else signing for the property between 28th May and 1st June in order to get out of paying the fees?
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Please start a new thread of your own where your questions can be addressed, this thread is for information only.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport