Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    pssst - Cheery - your light is STILL on!!!!!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ... (waves to KC) ......
    **waves right back**
    ... Evening to myself, so have got a couple of priorities...

* and if there's time after that - a nice hot soak in the tub :D :j :j
    That was quite a lot for one evening, especially as you posted that list at 8pm :rotfl:

Running a non-work workshop sounds brill, Cheery, hope it goes really well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    pssst - Cheery - your light is STILL on!!!!!

:o:o :rotfl: :rotfl:

You've been moral support in the background, that's what :D :rotfl:

It's a blithering good job I took the afternoon off - I've spent 2pm til just now CONSTANTLY working on this job form :eek: Days and days and WEEKS I've spent on it now :eek: They'd best at least give me an interview after all this :rotfl:

Have filled in the online form, given lists of all training I've done since 2010, all little jobs I did throughout PhD and their equivalent annual salary (why?!), and have 12 pages of 'supporting statement' type material :eek: Sounds completely excessive but every single thing they've asked for I've given and that's how much it's taken :eek:

Have addressed every single one of the job spec criteria individually :D and listed ALL of my publications/research projects/presentations etc so if I don't get it, it wasn't for want of trying! :p

Still got a couple of bits to add but since I skived off this evening's meeting to spend the evening with Mr Cheery before I go away, I'd best go and do that before it gets too late :D
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you've finished it Cheery but :eek: is that what it takes to apply for jobs these days? Don't think I can cope with that!

Your emergency cardigan does sound snuggly and once you are wearing it. you don't actually have to look at it so who cares what it looks like :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Indeed :D Sometimes I go to coffee break in it - but then all people comment on is how jealous they are that they haven't got one :D :rotfl:

Not sure that's what it takes to apply for every job starnac :eek: My sister applied for one recently and reckons she spent less than 10 minutes filling in the form and they still offered her the job :D (She turned it down as she got offered a place on her university course the same afternoon :j ) So I think it really does depend on the type of job - from what I've heard this is fairly normal for this type of job, but probably quite unusual for others!

So take heart, and don't be put off if you need a change yourself! :D :j :j
  • starnac
    Options
    So take heart, and don't be put off if you need a change yourself! :D :j :j

I've still got at least a year Cheery as DS is only half days at school. Maybe next September when he goes full time as I can't see myself as a housewife. :eek: I will probably need something to challenge me at that point. Maybe I'll go back to college???? :rotfl:

Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    That's what my sister did Starnac - went back a couple of years ago, re-did science and maths GCSEs, then an access course, and now has a university place :j :j SO proud of her :j :j Not been easy juggling 3 boys and studying mind you, and it'll get worse now she's got to go to the big city for classes etc but she really wants to do it and is really motivated. Ever so pleased for her :)

I've FINALLY submitted the darn form :eek: :j :j Taken me WEEKS of work :eek: But it's done, I've triple checked - and then at the FINAL hurdle the bloody thing wouldn't upload my personal statement :eek: :eek: :eek:

All sorted now thanks to a bit of reformatting on the work laptop (I don't have Microsoft Word on my computer, just a free version, and it didn't like the file format I think). But I've checked, and checked again, had nine friends read the entire thing (poor them!!) and Mr Cheery has read it so many times he could probably recite it in his sleep :o He spent 20 years as a professional editor so I'm pretty confident I won't have been left with any spelling mistakes! :j :j

Worryingly, it's an online submission thing and while it confirmed it at the time, there's no automatic email... But it's showing as 'submitted' in the box, and I've got a printable version of the entire thing so should be fine

Only fretting as I'm now going away until after the closing date so there's no chance of correcting anything that's gone wrong! :eek:

But I'm sure it hasn't :D

Closing date is the day before I come back, so I won't come back to a shiny interview letter sadly :D Have to wait a bit longer to see if I get one. I'd best at least get an interview after all this! :eek: :rotfl:

Anyway, enough of that :rotfl: I was supposed to be in London at 2pm and I've not even finished packing yet :rotfl: Where's that jetpack?? :rotfl:
  • starnac
    Options
    That's what my sister did Starnac - went back a couple of years ago, re-did science and maths GCSEs, then an access course, and now has a university place :j :j SO proud of her :j :j Not been easy juggling 3 boys and studying mind you, and it'll get worse now she's got to go to the big city for classes etc but she really wants to do it and is really motivated. Ever so pleased for her :)

Go Cheery Sis :beer:

Anyway, enough of that :rotfl: I was supposed to be in London at 2pm and I've not even finished packing yet :rotfl: Where's that jetpack?? :rotfl:

Be IN London at 2pm? :eek: Oh dear. Best get a move on!! :rotfl:
    Hope you get the super speedy train. Have a lovely time x
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I'm driving starnac, and no chance of going fast with all these roadworks and traffic cones - taken me over 2 hours to do 95 miles and therr's still 75 to go :rotfl:

Sat under a tree at Watford Gap services eating home made pizza and drinkig tea from a flask - no extortionately priced snacks for me! :money:

(apart from the bag of sweets I've been sucking on the way down of course but they were only £1 :D )
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah to finishing your application!!!!!:j:j:j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport