PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

We Don't Like Turkey.....

2»

Comments

• sazzy6
    sazzy6 Posts: 342 Forumite
    We have rib of beef every year and it is yum! Turkey - no thanks!
  • mr T had rib of beef on offer on the butchers counter today
  • kimmee
    kimmee Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    I would also give rib of beef the thumbs up - a while ago I cooked a rib of beef (not for xmas) and before I roasted it I marinated it in red wine for 24 hours in the fridge. It was a large joint so I put it in a pot, poured in the wine to about half way and occasionally doused the top half, then halfway I turned it over. It was absolutley fantastic :D
  • Without a doubt rib of beef is delicious and cooked properly it will melt in your mouth, mmm I could just go a cold beef sandwich with mustard mayo right now
  • Rib is great but it is also important to get the right breed ( I like Aberdeen Angus or Hereford) but more so that it has been properly matured. Make sure it's been well hung for at least 3 weeks, preferably more. (I prefer a good topside, cooked with care, to a mediocre rib.)

I'm not a fan of turkey either so we're having Capon - big juicy male chicken!
    NSD 0/15
  • We dont have turkey either, ever since I was a kid we have had silverside beef, it is cooked and just breaks apart in your mouth... lovely...
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Can I just say its nice to see people with a sensible view here :D I always go for rib of beef because the bones and the fat add flavour to it, IMO far nicer than a rolled joint.

But the amount of people who have looked at me as if I am odd becuase I have turned down a rolled joint in favour of something with a bone in it is unbelievable!! So rib of beef gets my vote - then you can use the meat juices to make yorkshires too :T
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • HotLegs
    HotLegs Posts: 900 Forumite
    Rib is great but it is also important to get the right breed ( I like Aberdeen Angus or Hereford) but more so that it has been properly matured. Make sure it's been well hung for at least 3 weeks, preferably more. (I prefer a good topside, cooked with care, to a mediocre rib.)

I'm not a fan of turkey either so we're having Capon - big juicy male chicken!

I've just come back from my butchers with a lovely looking rib of beef :D my butcher told me it was MacDuff Aberdeen Angus, apparentely the queen eats it too:eek::rotfl: He recommended 2 ribs for 4 people and it cost 25 quid so it better be good or I'll be coming back to you lot for a refund :p Merry Xmas everyone :beer:

• You will love it fore-rib is about the best it gets...... enjoy!
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • 0501ROASTJTFA.jpg_e_c963797f2b50573dc5ca3441df1733a9.jpg YUM YUM!!!!!
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills