PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Potato Farls.....

Comments

• 2boysmum
    2boysmum Posts: 392 Forumite
    DH was just asking me the other day if I knew how to make them, ended up buying him a pack from Morrisons. Pink, your photos are great, a great help
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Looking at those photos has made me very hungry!
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • skiTTish
    skiTTish Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Would rice flour work with this ? they sound really nice ,cheers :)
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Ian Rankin?...I take it you mean Paul Rankin.

Paul Rankin's stuff is Mankin. Wouldn't waste the time in buying that pricks products. Over priced and not that good anyhow.

Better trying to get your hands on some traditional brand names like Ormo or Irwins.
  • frugalswan
    frugalswan Posts: 339 Forumite
    Mmm, thank you for this, Pink! I'll be giving this a try for definite, as I always manage to cook too much mash for the two of us. Now I'll have a legitimate reason to cook some extra :D
    Continually trying the Grocery Challenge. Gotta keep trying!
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Pretani wrote: »

Paul Rankin's stuff is Mankin. Wouldn't waste the time in buying that pricks products. Over priced and not that good anyhow.

Better trying to get your hands on some traditional brand names like Ormo or Irwins.

No need to call him names is there? :rolleyes: And Ormo and Irwins are rarely available outside Ireland.

I can confirm that Pink's recipe is great and has been adopted as mine now. :D
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 June 2009 at 8:54AM

Sorry yes they are Paul Rankin .... and they are in fact made by Irwins!!! :rotfl:
    http://www.irwinsbakery.co.uk/products/brand/2/rankin-selection/

Yeah I thought they were overpriced but I live down south and potato farls aren't that easy to come by!!! That was the whole reason for this thread ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    newlywed wrote: »
    Yeah I thought they were overpriced but I live down south and potato farls aren't that easy to come by!!!

:eek: Jeekers, they must just be an Ulster thing. You learn something knew everyday;)
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I live in the south of england, that is ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • tripod2000
    tripod2000 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I agree with this. Brought RANKin ones for an Ulster Fry and couldn't finish them. Stuck to Hash Browns and Rosti instead but may have to make my own now. Especially as I'm not back in Ulster (where Ulster Frys are a staple of my diet) till August.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure