Cancelling Flight within 24 hr cooling off period - BA

2»

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Normally the only person who can cancel a ticket is the person who paid for it. It doesn't really matter who the passenger is.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Like many airlines, BA allows* you to cancel for a full refund within 24 hours of making a booking.

*with a few exceptions.

I travel with them on business regularly and am therefore making a booking at least once month on their website and have never seen this. You ticket is either flexible or it isn't and you make that choice when you buy it. There is no 'cooling off period'.
  • jpsartre
    MEM62 wrote: »
    There is no 'cooling off period'.

Yes there is. I have made use of many times.
  • I never knew about it until I saw it in ITV Heathrow fly on the wall TV programme, the customer experience manager, Jane I thought no, used it to get someone out of a fix. I think it's a little known industry wide thing. Apart from the budget airlines. Handy isn't it?
  • It's a little known feature. Hoping if people cancel online they only get their taxes and fees refunded. I've cancelled within 24 hours a few times and received full refund.
  • jpsartre
    JohnHenry wrote: »
    Hoping if people cancel online they only get their taxes and fees refunded.

The last couple of times I used the option I was able to cancel online for a full refund. Although that was Avios bookings maybe it works differently for cash bookings?
  • jpsartre wrote: »
    The last couple of times I used the option I was able to cancel online for a full refund. Although that was Avios bookings maybe it works differently for cash bookings?

I cancelled online within 24 hours and got full refund on cash ticket
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport