Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

I can never keep up with this thread lol!

Reporting a +1.5lb oops!
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Sunflower1227
    Sunflower1227 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    joedenise wrote: »
    Prices are £4.95 per week, there is also a joining fee of £5 unless you can get hold of a voucher. Unfortunately don't know of any vouchers at the moment but they're quite often in magazines.

Denise

£5 off, just ask at class

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 2 July 2018 at 7:09PM
    Hello, could I join please?

I belong to a group but they're very cliquey, moreso since our regular consultant left and was replaced with one with not much personality (perhaps I was spoilt before!).

I haven't felt any support there since so have stopped staying, I just weigh in, speak to the few friends that are left and leave. Unfortunately it's the only group I can get to as I'm busy the rest of the week.

I'm getting married next year and would like to be as close to target as I can get, though losing 10 stone in 10 months isn't realistic, trying to get as close as possible, is!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Lush.............100_8918_1.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    kadison wrote: »

I belong to a group but they're very cliquey, moreso since our regular consultant left and was replaced with one with not much personality (perhaps I was spoilt before!).

I haven't felt any support there since so have stopped staying, I just weigh in, speak to the few friends that are left and leave. Unfortunately it's the only group I can get to as I'm busy the rest of the week.

I'm getting married next year and would like to be as close to target as I can get, though losing 10 stone in 10 months isn't realistic, trying to get as close as possible, is!

Hello and welcome :D
    Of course you can join, never say never stick to plan and you will be surprised :D
    Congratulations on your forth coming wedding :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Sunflower , did you try ice cream again ?
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    joedenise wrote: »
    Prices are £4.95 per week, there is also a joining fee of £5 unless you can get hold of a voucher. Unfortunately don't know of any vouchers at the moment but they're quite often in magazines.

Denise

Thanks.
    On the first night what is the procedure and what do you get for your £9.95?
    Do you get books? Or is it online access?
    Sorry but have never thought of class before.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    £5 off, just ask at class

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk

Thanks, I'll have a look.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.

You get new memeber talk, all the books and a pin number to gain access online hth xx
    I always say stay to group as well you learn alot from other members
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    kadison wrote: »

Of course you can join, everyone is welcome. It's a shame that your new consultant isn't as good as your old one. However, I think staying to group is important to get some support, ask questions, get ideas for meals etc etc. I know you say you don't feel you get support now but perhaps you'd get more if you stayed rather than just weighing and going. Seems a very expensive way of getting weighed. I always think you might just as well go to B**ts of similar and get weighed, would cost far less than nearly a fiver!.
    bubbs wrote: »
    Lush.............100_8918_1.jpg

That looks great Bubbs, probably one of your best looking meals!.
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.

Just turn up shortly before the advertised time and you will be greeted and shown where to go for the New Member Talk. You will get your books after this.

You may get weighed at this point followed by Image Therapy where you will hopefully get some good idea for meals etc. (see my response above). At my group, because it is a very large group, new members usually get weighed after IT rather than before but I think this varies at different groups. Good luck.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport