Things can only get better

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Almost achieved another NSD but bought a pair of sandals for holiday from eBay for £10 - brand new. Wasn't even looking particularly but last year I practically lived in some sandals from TK Maxx they were so comfy and wondered if they did the same make on eBay. They did :)

It stopped raining finally and I took the dog on the park, it was waterlogged.

In an effort to get in holiday mode I've made a vegi paella tonight. Mr SA's got fish and chips LOL! Soup for this week's lunches is spicy carrot and lentil.

Short-ish day tomorrow as floor man is coming to measure up dining room and hall. Need to start work at 7 so I can finish at 1.

Really need to get back on my WW plan after today.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sorry about the promotion SA but I admire your determination, I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

It's lovely to have Lanzarote to look forward to, I bet it won't be raining there :rotfl:. It sounds like it's been raining everywhere today :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Tuesday done, keep thinking it's Monday.

Floor people came and I was pleased to find it was less than half the price I was expecting :) Plus they can fit it Monday :) Had to pay a deposit and then the balance when fitted.

Had to tell Mr SA I'm going to Birmingham tomorrow as I might be home a bit later than normal. He kicked off and said how much has that cost us? I said nothing work are paying it's not a jolly, we're going to a meeting. Then he started stressing about his bl%%dy dinner!!! I could throttle him.

He's also started a new pester list - he came across one of those booklets of things you didn't know you needed that are always inside magazines - a fatal find in his case.

It's been sunny spells and torrential rain here today but loads warmer.

AFD 1 of April despite the stress.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the flooring.
    Boo to the new pester list :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Enjoy your change of work tomorrow.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Work trip was interesting, it was good to find out what colleagues in another location do differently. Left the house at 6am and got back at 6pm so a long day. Feeling pretty tired right now so will be an early night.

Low spend day - coffee at the station to take on the train and a half price multi pack of crisps from Mr T on the way home (for Mr SA and DD). So under £4 in total.

Mr SA has got his old scooter back from repair and is upset as he preferred the courtesy one. I've told him to ring Motability and moan to them.

Got absolutely drenched twice today, the rain was horrendous!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Gosh, that was a long day.
    Sorry you get so wet.
    Yes, Mr SA can phone Motability.
    In what way does he think it is better?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Work trip sounds good but awfully long. Hope you’ve had a chance to relax tonight Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    HI SA - just caught up with your diary - sorry about the first job, but keep on applying - you'll be successful in the end.

Must say I love the way Mr SA kicked off about the perceived cost of your work trip (she says drily). Perhaps next time he throws a similar tantrum you could give him a list of what he has spent during the last year on stuff he never uses from the "pester" list :mad:

Won't be long now till Lanzarote and sunshine!:j

P.S. Congrats to your nephew on his win!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,566 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Maybe you can remind Mr SA about the walking poles and the many other things he pesters for.. Is he still using them? He has no right to moan at you about money when he gets everything he needs without having to think where it comes from.

Is there any reason he can't put something simple like a frozen ready meal in the microwave or is that beyond him?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback