New place, fresh start..

Options

Comments

• JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy new freezer day! lol I'm really impressed with it shame the delivery drivers were the most miserable people on the earth!! Cant wait to switch it on and get it filled up tomorrow!

I've had a quiet but productive day, I've sold the little freezer I have now for £10 more than I got it for and I've done a load of housework and cleaning.

Tomorrow I was going to go to Ikea with my mum to spend my voucher I got for christmas but I ve decided I don't fancy driving for an hour so will go another day. I plan on having another quiet day, need to go to the tip to get rid of an old fridge I have and the boxes from the freezer.
    Need to get rid of this cough or can see me having to have time off :(

Welly x
    :wave:
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh glad your freezer arrived! Sounds like you're settling in nicely Welly
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Thanks Louby I love it here.. not doing so well today tho have had to phone in sick, I just can't stop coughing I'm coughing now to the point of being sick it's awful... so restless I'm barely sleeping it's awful... Hope it goes soon! Hope eveyone else is well!
    Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well I'm still ill been to docs this morning, she said I should take the rest of the week off :( really hate being off but can't be coughing all over everyone!

Just musing as to weather to change one of my bank accounts, currently have 1 for DDs and another for food and petrol and spends. Both are Lloyds cash accounts, I got these when I worked for an old employer and used to get paid by cheque. One of the main reasons is I don't have a Lloyds in my local town so any problems I have to go out of my way to another town, I'm looking at either Natwest or Santander as both do cash back accounts.

Not much to report on the money saving front except being ill saves me spending money as not leaving the house! I did nip to the shop this morning after I went to the docs for some milk and sugar and some cereal.
    I've queried a DD from Tesco for my car insurance I'm not sure if I should have paid it or not as it seems there has been one too many payments.

Welly x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well I'm still ill and sick of it now :( sat and went through my bills and debts last night it's gonna be really tight till I get the cards paid off.. I obviously need to pay my mate back first as I can't be owing her money. Car needs a service and timing belt change, MOT is due in march, all in all not a bad car but debating if to buy something smaller and more economical to run, I do wish at times like this I could afford to buy something newish I do alot of miles in my spare time.. alas I also wish I had some savings to pay to just get what needs doing done...

Its all feeling a bit much today :( x
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Nothing to make you feel better when your ill than your council tax bill! I knew it was coming tho got to pay £235.48 by 1st of Feb which I don't think is going to happen, I do have it my budget but I need to set up direct debit when I get the new bill for this year but I don't think I can pay it all off at once so need to call them.

Spoke to my boss today I'm supposed to be on leave next week but still ill so back to the doctors on Friday for a sick note, does mean I'll get my leave back tho but annoyed as I'm still ill.. was hoping I'd be sorted by now :(

Welly x
  • zackyv6661
    Options
    Hi WL, sorry to hear you are still ill :( I hope you are feeling bette soon!! I've been left with a horrible cough after my bout being sick last week.

Hope you get the council tax sorted - talk about bad timing!!

How old is your car? It's a hard decision I suppose, as the older the car gets the more it can cost to maintain. There are some pretty good deals out there though for buying new cars, so definitely worth looking into that option if you are thinking about it. No harm in looking :)
    Credit Card: £5350 (£5210 remaining)
    Overdraft: £1498.68
    Loan 1: £5000 (£2252.26 remaining)
    Loan 2: £1656.90 - PAID!! :j
    Very: £703.97 (£553.97 remaining)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge: £291.51/£2018
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Well I've been signed off till next Friday, I'm still coughing too Zacky, it's rubbish!

I know I hope I can too it's always rubbish getting big bills and not being able to pay them off..

Its 2007, Astra 1.6 I bought it with not much service history , it's got 86k miles on the clock and needs the timing belt doing amongst other things.. Would love nearly new car but I'd never get credit so it's never going to happen!

Welly x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How are you feeling now?? xxx
  • JLS1901
    Options
    Hello I've been away for a while! So i'm all better now was back at work today and it's wiped me out!

I got paid yesterday and was surprised at how much I got I forgot about the 2 bank holidays I did over christmas and the extra I'd get so I paid off the council tax bill in full.

I've been and done a big shop, also got given some frozen meat (lamb, venison etc) from a friend which I'm very grateful for so I have no need to buy any food any time soon!

Am just making a lasagna for my dinners for the rest of my week.

I really need to throw what I can at the halifax CC got a letter telling me the interest is going up to 29.5% which is stupid.

Nothing much else to report really.

Welly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills