The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Hello and thanks tootoo:wave:

Well that weekend turned out to be extremely hectic? Worked at my friends travelling shop which was 7am -1am, but was fab, had a good laugh and enjoyed the work. It was lovely to be back in the work environment if only for the day:) I'm doing the same next weekend so looking forward to that and also looking forward to op-ing the money when it comes too:T

Yesterday was spent in a bit of a haze as I stupidly took 2 anti histamines on Saturday so was walking round like a zombie yesterday:rotfl: I did however manage to do 2 loads of washing and listed 5 items on eBay and 1 on a local fb selling page. I think the one on the fb page is sold so fingers crossed that goes through...another £4.00 to the pot. 2 items ended on eBay yesterday, both selling at 0.99p so have posted those this morning. Not going to break the bank but every little helps as they say:D I also had to open an unpaid item case on eBay and they have now paid up so another £5.00 in the op pot:TGot to take another trip to the post office later to get that one shipped off. I love doing all this decluttering, also love having the money to op:T

Ds is having a snooze and dd2 is watching the little mermaid whilst eating her lunch so after having a mooch on here I will make a start on tonight's dinner, only chorizo pasta so not much to do really. I might have a go at making garlic bread to go with it:A

That's all for now, off to check my eBay items (I get slightly obsessed with eBay, I have to check a million times a day:cool:)

Crumpets x
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Crumpets
    Hello, just got back from play group with the little ones so £2 well spent. Ds is now snoozing and dd is having rest on the sofa. Time for a cuppa and a bite to eat and a mooch through the diaries.

No bids on ebay but quite a few watchers on a couple of items so hopefull that will translate in to bids. Hoping to make £30-£40 this week.the thing i thought i'd sold on fb the other day is still for sale so that was disappointing:( Also got a potential £3 coming in today from selling my chickens eggs to a few of the mums at school:T I need to make a sign to put out the front to try and make a few £ from passers by.

Need to pop and get some sausages for dinner tonight, dd1 is doing a project on food during ww2 so we will be having woolton pie with our sausages. Also going to make carrot fudge tomorrow for her to take into school on Friday...I'm really enjoying this homework:rotfl:

I need to send off the cheque for my postal ISA, this our savings for a new kitchen, will be waiting a while for it I think:rotfl:We're quite desperate for it though but wouldn't want to take out any finance for it:)

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Just noticed I now have a little star :D:dance:
  • Crumpets
    Morning,

I've been struggling to get on here this week, life has been very busy this week, and it's not due to stop until Monday.

Yesterday dh and I went to the city to get the last bits and pieces for our cowgirl/boy costumes ready for tonight. We ended up spending more than I would have liked but hopefully we'll get a bit of money back by selling the things on eBay next time there's a flw. I had a bit of a costume disaster when I got home and tried everything on, my denim shorts were huge on me and my hat was full of holes, so it's back to the drawing board. I'm hopefully borrowing some shorts as I don't want to spend any more money! Nothing like leaving things to the last minuite:rotfl:

While we were out we treated ourselves to a coffee and a pastry which was unbudgeted for, but hey life's for living right?:D

Still no bids on eBay but quite a few watchers, still hoping to make £30-£40 this weekend. They all end Sunday evening so a while to go yet. Just realised I will be out Sunday evening so won't be able to watch the end of the auction:( does anyone else like to do that?

Well the little ones want feeding, hopefully back later

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Well it's been a mad few days which has made it really difficult to get on here and update. :eek:

The good news is I've made £300 from working at my friends shop over the last couple of weeks plus I made £53.49 on eBay at the weekend, so easily reached my target :T:j I'm still waiting for £20 of that but fingers crossed all will go to plan. I'm a little annoyed about one buyer though, one of the items I had put for collection only, the person paid up straight away and then sent a message saying 'by the way I need it posting'...no please or thank you!! Very rude to just assume I'll post it to him...grr

I feel like my spending has gone a bit out of control, especially grocery shopping. Maybe I need to up my budgets:o I went shopping on Saturday to A!di and spent over £50 again but had absolutely nothing for any meals! Need to go again today to get meat etc

Need to check the banks and Te$co CC to try and see what's going on. We're in the middle of changing banks to hal!fax which is making keeping track of spends quite difficult.

Oh well, I'll get it sorted and get back on track once my frazzled brain has had a rest:rotfl:

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    How strange, I was convinced I had updated on here yesterday but turns out it was the day before :rotfl: where does the time go?

So far this week it's been a very low spend week, mainly because I haven't been to the cashpoint yet to get this weeks 'sundries' out. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but we get £50 a week cash between us to spend on things like playgroup, coffees, birthday cards, events etc. sometimes it's more than enough and others we massively overspend. It's looking good for this week though, spends so far are £2.60 posting eBay parcel and £2 on playgroup. It's the village fayre on Saturday though so I'll budget £20 for that. Should have some left to put in my tin at the end of the week:T

I worked out my grocery spends for May today too, £376.90/£400 not bad, it has been better but at least it's under budget. So £23.10 in the op pot:money:it's building up quite nicely for this month now.:T

I also have gained two regular customers for my eggs this week so that's another £3 per week in my tin, I just need to try and not dip into it for change now.

I've managed to do a bit in the garden over the past few days, tomato plants are planted in the greenhouse and I've harvested radishes, got spring onions almost ready too, Chickens were all cleaned out today so all in all a productive day. I've also registered my interest in doing a charity trek in Iceland next year:eek: I really want to do it but it all depends on Mr Crumpets health and getting babysitters for the mini Crumpets...fingers crossed though:j

Just the chicken out the oven, the challenge for this week is to make 1 chicken last for 3 meals for the 5 of us...watch this space:rotfl:

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Well still haven't been to a cashpoint so it's been a very low spend day again. Just spent £2 on parking, it should have only been £1 but I only had a £2 coin with me:mad: I was very annoyed.

I had my dd1 sports day today which is a lovely all day family affair. The little ones were happy pottering around the playing field and playing with the other children and it was lovely to sit in the sun and have a natter with the other mums. My dd won the three legged race and came 2nd in the sprint, I entered the parents race but didn't do quite so well:cool:

Dinner tonight was the 2nd of our chicken meals, we had roast dinner and all the trimmings last night and tonight was chicken pad Thai. Hopefully I have enough left to make a pie for Sunday:T I really should do this more often. It's amazing what you can do with a chicken!

Village fayre tomorrow so £20 budgeted for that. Will hopefully spend less as dd1 has her pocket money to spend, it's all for a good cause though:)

Just about to watch a film with dh now as Friday night is film night:T

Happy weekend

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Phew what an exhausting but lovely day, spent pretty much the whole day at the village fayre. I'm so lucky to live in a lovely village where everyone helps and supports local events. Sometimes it's the last thing you feel like doing but it's a lovely feeling being part of a community.

So spends today have been £7.00 on the raffle, tombola etc and £4.00 dd1 pocket money (2 weeks worth) so out of £20 we came back with £9.00 change:T

Went to post the eBay item that was supposed to be collection only :mad: and popped into the co-op for something for dinner, got a nice pizza for £1.99 and chocolate melting puddings reduced to £1.92, so a lovely meal for 2 for less than £4.00:D glad I didn't go with dine in for £10 type meal that I was looking at.

This week has been a very low spend week so should have about £30 to go into my tin to op at the end of the month. Also I found £1.01 on the floor today, dd1 spotted it too so we split it but yay to free money:D

Chicken pie to make for dinner tomorrow and need to pop and get a couple of pea plants as my seeds didn't do too well other than should be a quiet day which is just what we need.

Time for my chocolate pud now:cool:

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Having a mixed day here today:( I'm feeling very frustrated by the amount of stuff that needs doing to our house. I'm very impatient and want it all done now, now, now! Realistically nothing major will be happening this year, just carrying on with our savings and making op's each month. I'm desperate for a new kitchen but even if we could afford one now we wouldn't be able to get it done until next sping at the earliest so it's pointless moping about it...there, that's me told:D

Had to spend a bit today too so less in my in tin than I had hoped. Went to boots and spent £17.30 on bits and bobs, it soon adds up doesn't it? Worked out all my cash spends for the last couple of weeks and got the money out to put in the correct pots that I had borrowed from. It really get's confusing this money saving lark:rotfl:

Need to make a chicken pot pie for dinner tonight and make some cakes for the lunch boxes for the week, so still stuff to do and zero energy to do it with...ho hum, looking forward to going to bed tonight.

Sorry not a very inspiring or up lifting post today. Will hopefully ge back with lots more energy tomorrow.

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Well I'm in a much more positive frame of mind today:)

Worked out that I had £13.70 left from last weekends sundries, this week is going to be pretty expensive though so I'm not expecting to have nothing left over. I have a pre school committee meeting tonight in the pub so will get a couple of drinks, tomorrow my friend and I are taking the little ones to soft play and then for lunch so more money. Wednesday I'm meeting another friend but hoping to take a picnic, will probably end up spending on parking, ice cream etc. no plans for the weekend yet but that's bound to change.

I need to go into town this afternoon, need to pick up my boots from the cobblers, that will cost £10... I wonder if I could get away with paying for that out of the clothing fund...cheaper than a new pair of boots when winter comes:cool:

Also need to get fruit, butter and milk so will pop into a!di for that. Think I'll take the kids to the library too, dd1 reads books like it's an Olympic sport!:) should be a fairly LSD then as most spends are budgeted for:T

This time next week it's a new month , can't wait to op and see what our new balance is:T might see if I can make a few more £ on eBay before the end of the month...will go and see what's in my 'to eBay' box:D

Crumpets x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills