Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hawaii + 1.17 (24.51 kWh) still producing. Lost around 3-4 kWh between 9 and 11:30 due to clouds!

Still best day of the Year! and about 5% up on my est.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    KevinG wrote: »
    Pretty good weekend with 5.87 and 4.87 Os but today is looking seriously promising and I reckon there's a chance of approaching my all-time record (6.6 Os on 3 May 2014).
    'Twas not to be - 6.06 Os, just a little too early in the year for a record. Two days last week were better.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 April 2015 at 8:35PM
    Calling Wattson Anywhere people. The graph appears to be broken on all our sites.

Oooops, sorry Sterling, that could be down to me; spoke with EnergyHive on Friday, to let them know that the 'Power Today' on Wattson was not updating in real time as it should.

A/an Hawaii + 1.16 O's for me today, excuse me; but Mrs O has just decided to do the Ironing; would you believe that ? Just watch my import figure go up, 'cos you still can't see the 'Power Today'......:mad:..smiley-laughing021.gif...coffee.gif
    http://wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/oscarsenergy

Christ ! my import dial is better than Corry.....:mad::mad::mad:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Calling Wattson Anywhere people. The graph appears to be broken on all our sites.

Yeah, mine too....best day this year for me = Hawaii ++or 22.5kWh:T
    Up on April PVGIS...that makes a change:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    20,200 / 3,780 >>> 5.34 Os.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    So close, so very, very close. Hawaii was visible on the horizon for the first time this year, but my systems dropped anchor before landfall could be made:

27.5kWh or 4.93 Os.

I've noticed that loads of you guys (and gals) are getting 6+, but nobody is brave enough to mention a maiden!

Are you all to scared of 'certain' registers to state you had a maiden, have been chasing a maiden all day, have been loitering in the vicinity of a maiden, thought you had a maiden in your sights but just failed to get your hands on one.

I'll stop now. :o

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I think I will round my O's - sorry - to one decimal place as that means I have 5.0 - haha.

If I do that 2 decimal place thing I am 0.09kWh short, leaving me with 4.98 O's.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Martyn1981 wrote: »

I've noticed that loads of you guys (and gals) are getting 6+, but nobody is brave enough to mention a maiden!

Ah, wondered what the word was. Hoping for a Maiden today!
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All this sun and I'm still sat in a hospital bed waiting to get my ankle fixed. At least i can console myself with the fact I'm earning nearly £15 a day while I'm sat here. Just hope the wife is doing her bit to try and use as much as possible of the generated juice:o
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    tunnel wrote: »
    All this sun and I'm still sat in a hospital bed waiting to get my ankle fixed. At least i can console myself with the fact I'm earning nearly £15 a day while I'm sat here. Just hope the wife is doing her bit to try and use as much as possible of the generated juice:o

After checking energyhive on my mobile, I text my other half to respectfully suggest she might want to do the ironing as we were exporting nearly 1.8kW. Didn't go down as well as expected TBH.
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback