Am i entitled to water chaarges back?

This is third thread i have put on MSE i hope to get some help.

I would appreciate some info on this as i am lost.

Basically, i got a new flat in December where the water charge is in with the rent, so i no longer had to pay water charges direct to Northumbrian Water.

I recently found out that from December i have been getting deductions every benefit payment for my old address, the total is over £180, i am wondering where do i stand in claiming these back?

Info: before i moved from my old address in December my balance was clear but the water company has continued to take the payments till todays date, i am really angry, i had a cheque off them for only £35 and i think i have been robbed, they did not ask my permission to take these payments and in effect they have been getting double payments as i have been paying for my new address all the time.

Anyone know? Will i get the rest of the money back? Should i go to citizens advice as well?

Thanks everyone.
Owed out = lots. :cool:

Comments

• barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Widelats wrote: »
    This is third thread i have put on MSE i hope to get some help.

I would appreciate some info on this as i am lost.

Basically, i got a new flat in December where the water charge is in with the rent, so i no longer had to pay water charges direct to Northumbrian Water.

I recently found out that from December i have been getting deductions every benefit payment for my old address, the total is over £180, i am wondering where do i stand in claiming these back?

Info: before i moved from my old address in December my balance was clear but the water company has continued to take the payments till todays date, i am really angry, i had a cheque off them for only £35 and i think i have been robbed, they did not ask my permission to take these payments and in effect they have been getting double payments as i have been paying for my new address all the time.

Anyone know? Will i get the rest of the money back? Should i go to citizens advice as well?

Thanks everyone.

If I am understanding your request for help correctly. There would appear to be a few factors of concern here. Therefore if I were you, I would take the necessary paperwork (if any) to your nearest CAB. They are the best qualified to help you Im afraid.

Sorry if I didnt tell you what you already knew anyway.

TTFN. Good luck.
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you certain your landlord is paying Northumbrian Water out of your rent?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure