End of "Special Offer"

My Lloyds TSB 0% offer ends on 21 September, my statements are dated 15th of the month. I am just waiting for my september statement, which shouldn't have any interest on. I appied for a new 9 month deal with NatWest a month ago, the papers came through and were signed and sent back yesterday, but the delay might cause me to over run the Lloyds offer.

My question is: Do they charge interest from 21 Sept, or do I have up to the next payment date (around 9 Oct) to clear the balance before they charge anything?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    manic wrote:
    My Lloyds TSB 0% offer ends on 21 September, my statements are dated 15th of the month. I am just waiting for my september statement, which shouldn't have any interest on. I appied for a new 9 month deal with NatWest a month ago, the papers came through and were signed and sent back yesterday, but the delay might cause me to over run the Lloyds offer.

My question is: Do they charge interest from 21 Sept, or do I have up to the next payment date (around 9 Oct) to clear the balance before they charge anything?
    I believe they'll charge interest if your final payment doesn't *CLEAR* by the 21st September, ie next Wednesday.

On the back of your statement it'll say how long various payment methods take to clear, but it looks like you might be heading for some interest charges!

Question is how much? ie do they backdate the interest to the original BT date or does it only kick in from the 21st September? I haven't checked this as I intend to get mine paid off in plenty of time ;).
  • manic
    manic Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I believe they'll charge interest if your final payment doesn't *CLEAR* by the 21st September, ie next Wednesday.

You are dead right :( . Just spoke to them to confirm & paid it in full NO thanks to NatWest for taking a month to send the paperwork for a new 9 month deal :mad: !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure