B/T to Nat west is it the best choice ??

Hi ya
My virgin 0% is about to come to an end,12th sept to be precise, i applied online to nat west & had the doc's come through today, ive asked to transfer 5.5 k which appears to have been accepted, however the charge to do this is £131 !! i know most if not all cards will charge something, i.e 2% but is there another card i can apply to that will cost less?? ive got a good C/R i believe... cheers in advance

Comments

• Jacster_2
    Jacster_2 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    My understanding is that Natwest have no BT fee. I've just applied, and chose Natwest because there is no fee for BTs. I checked the T&Cs - need to go back and read again...

And if there a fee, was £131 sounds really high, they're normally around £50 max.

Is this on your documents, or did the CSA tell you that on the phone?
    If it was easy, everyone would do it!
  • H2SO4
    H2SO4 Posts: 61 Forumite
    If it was £131, then be careful - it looks like it may have been counted as a cash transaction which has unlimited fee and charge 20+% APR even in intro period. MBNA have recently changed their definition of a cash transaction, and it is probably safer to use the cheques rather than SBTs until we can find out what will happen.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just done a bt from nat west to egg,
    yesterday.
    No fee charged.

Regards
    No 6
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Recently did a bt to NatWest, no fee, however their credit limits seem to be quite low!
  • I have just opeted for the Natwest BT 0% for 9 months and there was a fee of £40.00 (maximum) to use this facility. This is the first time I have paid a BT fee but I obviously did not read the small print because I did not pick up on it until the card was activated and the request made.
  • Hi ya
    My virgin 0% is about to come to an end,12th sept to be precise, i applied online to nat west & had the doc's come through today, ive asked to transfer 5.5 k which appears to have been accepted, however the charge to do this is £131 !! i know most if not all cards will charge something, i.e 2% but is there another card i can apply to that will cost less?? ive got a good C/R i believe... cheers in advance

Hi - I'm doing the same thing as you (transferring from Virgin to Natwest) and sent off my docs about the same time. Have you heard anything from Natwest since then? As I have heard nothing more. I've checked my Virgin account and the balance is still sitting there and not transferred. Is anyone else experiencing delays???
    January Grocery Challenge 2016 = £119.41/£250.00
    Weekly Savings Challenge 2016 = £364.31/£1378.00 26.44%
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2016 #9 = £13.88/£500 2.34%
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #26 = £140/£500 28%
    1% challenge 2016 = £100 Total saved £100/£10,000 1%
  • spud
    spud Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    nessauk wrote:
    Hi - I'm doing the same thing as you (transferring from Virgin to Natwest) and sent off my docs about the same time. Have you heard anything from Natwest since then? As I have heard nothing more. I've checked my Virgin account and the balance is still sitting there and not transferred. Is anyone else experiencing delays???

It's taken nearly 2 months from application to getting the card and requesting balance transfers. As of today (after 4 days) the transfers still haven't gone through though I hope to pay only a few days interest :mad:
    To top it all, Natwests credit limit is less than half of my existing Virgin one and even after providing bank statements and earning ten times the limit, they declined today to up it :mad: :mad: Fortunately I've covered all but £750 of the balance.

Not impressed with Natwest or their customer service and delays.

Hope you all do better than me!

Andy
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Would it be any different over at 'RBS' I wonder, or are the same staff processing their applications?

When I spoke to NW just before getting the card they explained that they had recieved quite a lot of interest in this offer and they were now in the process of catch up. Yes, well it would be 'popular' wouldn't it? (I suspect NatWest/RBS) did not allow for this when launching the deal
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have just opeted for the Natwest BT 0% for 9 months and there was a fee of £40.00 (maximum) to use this facility. This is the first time I have paid a BT fee but I obviously did not read the small print because I did not pick up on it until the card was activated and the request made.
    Can you confirm you paid a BT fee on the Nat West card ? This is currently listed as having no BT fee in Martin's article and on stoozing.com.

Does it state in the T&C that there WILL be a charge ?

I hope not as I am just about to apply !
    Not even wrong
  • manic
    manic Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was the figure "£131.07 comprising interest" on page 3.

If you look at note 2 at the bottom of the page it says :

"Based on the assumption that on account opening you carry out a purchase transaction on £1500 which together with any fee payable, you repay by 12 equal monthly repayments and interest rates remain the same. The amount shown is only illustrative"

hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport