Debt Demolisher

Comments

• DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Motivated. Just found your diary and a had a read through it. I have subscribed so will be keeping up to date with your progress - you are doing VERY well.
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi DMP tiger

Welcome aboard the Debt free wagon. I can't promise that my wheels won't have a little wobble along the way but hey ho were all in the same boat so all the support for each other goes a long way :p
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi DMP tiger

Welcome aboard the Debt free wagon. I can't promise that my wheels won't have a little wobble along the way but hey ho were all in the same boat so all the support for each other goes a long way :p
    M

As long as it's just your wheels that are wobbling, you'll be doing fine!
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • motivated
    DMP_Tiger wrote: »
    As long as it's just your wheels that are wobbling, you'll be doing fine!

Are you referring to my weight loss DMP Tiger
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • DMP_Tiger
    First Anniversary
    motivated wrote: »
    Are you referring to my weight loss DMP Tiger
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yep, was trying to be subtle so I didn't come across as rude!
  • motivated
    DMP_Tiger wrote: »
    Yep, was trying to be subtle so I didn't come across as rude!

Not rude at all. Gave me a chuckle :D
    M
  • motivated
    Morning diary world

I'm still here and haven't melted in this heat :eek: How hot is it :shocked:

Anyway not much happening here on the debt front, I had 2 letters from the PRA Group offering F & F settlements. That's great I hear you say. Errrr no lol. They offered me a £50 discount on both debts. But they said I could pay them off monthly at £700 each per month :rotfl: Helllooooo. I'm on a DMP in case you hadn't noticed. Swiftly tore them up and binned them. Quite an insult I thought. But I will carry on as I am and they will get their money just not as soon as they hoped.

Weight loss going well I'm up to 21lb down :T I want to lose about another 7lb to make it 2 stone I was going to say then I'll be happy, But I'm a woman and according to men we are never happy :p
    I must admit it's been easier in this heat as I don't feel like stuffing my face.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather. I must admit I'm wanting it to rain. I will sit in the garden if it does lol
    M
  • motivated
    Morning diary world

I've been playing around with numbers this morning and feel I need to set myself some more smallish goals. Our debt journey is plodding along but I'm getting a little bored with it if I'm honest. Only because we pay everything we need to every month and I'm feeling a little :wall:

I suppose I want things to move a little quicker and I need something to work towards during the month. Sorry it makes sense in my head :o

I plan to try and save £1000 by Xmas. (But your in massive debt i hear you shout) I know I know but I also need to ensure we have a life too. There's things we need for the house and I want to be able to save for a cheap holiday next year. We both work hard and I feel we deserve a short break away (nothing extravagant) This may seem selfish and irresponsible considering the hole were in but I need something to look forward to and aim for. I enjoy watching the different little pots of money grow however slowly. We have been wasting a bit of money recently on nothing in particular it just dwindles and I need to reign it in now before we get back into bad habits.

Our short term goal will be finished in around 3 weeks time and we could've paid this off but again I like to see the figures changing regularly and updating my signature Sad ain't I :o. It's given me a boost to see we've nearly cleared a small debt and I don't want to upset our original payment plans, so have let it continue as it is.

A very random post today but just getting my thoughts down in writing. Feel free to ignore my ramblings :rotfl:

Anyway my plan starts today and let's see how it pans out.
    M
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning,

Completely understand how you feel. It's hard paying and not treating yourself. You are doing so well.
  • motivated
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Morning,

Completely understand how you feel. It's hard paying and not treating yourself. You are doing so well.

Hi debtaghh

I'm feeling a little :( today. No particular reason I suppose I'm just having one of the down, reflective days. There will be many I'm sure.

It's so frustrating when you want to move things quickly but things are holding you back isn't it.

Keep going we WILL get there one day
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family