Looking to have a simpler life .......

Options

Comments

• Downshifterella
    Options
    Hello!
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend !
    Totted up food spends for this month £110 ..still a week till payday so trying to sell out a few bits!

Have done some maths and my new number aim of sub £70k by Christmas is looking doable ! :)

Aim for this week pack lunches everyday and have brought some treats for work to stop me buying snacks ;)

Have managed to pay for a few things upfront (weekend away , hen do and lunch out) need a haircut too but that might need to wait till next payday! Lol

Having a relaxing night with a cuppa hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday night xx
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Helloooooo!!
    Oh dear I have neglected my poor diary for a while!! ;) Been busy with summer holidays , some decorating and spending time with my gorgeous nephew !

Still plodding along here and doing well on the food shopping front . Total for this month £107 so pleased with that :)

Have had a couple of meals and nights out with vouchers so doing well entertainment wise. End of September has a few social events too so putting my savings hat on for them!

Have a new MF goal ....Christmas 2020 :xmassmile:xmastree::rudolf:

Now ....this will involve some consistent effort but if my maths is to be believed is potentially doable whilst having fun and a life at the same time! Have already set up a monthly standing order to savings to go in the day after payday each month :T
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Helloooo diaryland!
    Haven't forgotten everyone! Or my MF aspirations! ;)

We are on for hitting sub 70k Xmas ( £68750 Ish is the aim!)

Have next year's goal then a big streeeetch goal for 2020 !

Life has been busy in a good way , need some definite r and r over Xmas though to recharge and recalibrate a bit!

Hope everyone is doing good
    Ella X
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Welcome back....

Is your 2020 stretch to have the mortgage paid of?

Enjoy the rest over Christmas
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great to see you posting again :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You sound ever so busy, but that obviously doesn't mean you've fallen off the mfw wagon, good for you, keep going!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Thanks for all popping by!
    Wish - yep the end of 2020 is the streeeetch goal ...haven't really figured out the numbers for the final year but I will come up with a plan if some kind :D
    thank you am looking forward to relaxing over Xmas for sure!

Kittenkirst - thank you! It's good to be back :j hope you and yours are back in full health soon and in time to enjoy Xmas

Karma -thanks for the welcome back. It certainly has been busy, in a largely positive way but am also realising my brain has been ticking over pretty fast since September and it's time for a *proper* rest and break over Christmas. I've had lots of work/studying stuff been going on , all positive but time consuming! ...so am definitely in need of some me time and also stripping it back to the core of why I'm doing this which is the aim for a simpler (MF included!) life! :o

Today should be a NSD ...off to lunch with the in laws then cinema trip ( with a voucher). Found some much reduced Xmas chocs in the shop yesterday at a barginous price so may snaffle those in! £3 for a bag of sweets in the cinema now!! :eek:

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday XX
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You had a family day too :) hope you enjoyed the lunch, and the film - and the sweets :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Thanks Karma
    All thoroughly enjoyed and savoured!

Definitely on the wind down now for Christmas but big MSE plans to be sub 50k by this time next year!! :)

X
  • Downshifterella
    Options
    Helloooo
    New year's resolutions to eat a bit healthier are going okay now the Xmas chocolates are decluttered! ;)

Trying to stick with meal planning and keeping eating out of the freezer and cupboards chilli tonight and sausages tomorrow! Nomnom

Hope everyone has had a good weekend X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family