This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending you lots of hugs, Watty. Am thinking of you lots xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Hope you're doing ok x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. Bit wary of putting too much on here at the moment as is deeply personal. Did see therapist with Mr Watty. Not exactly impressed with whole thing but did think she might be good and also KC correct in that her basis was not to save relationship. Felt she was too quick to jump to her opinion. Mr Watty wants to go back. We have agreed how this will be paid and I was surprised that Mr Watty was in agreement. In the meantime I have also suggested we interview an alternative therapist who has same training but is closer and a lot cheaper.
    On the finances front I have taken very little out of the business other than essentials as I am simply not sharing anymore and have asked Mr Watty to come up with a plan for how we can split our finances fairly whatever happens so that I no longer feel in such a weak position .....
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just to say thinking of you xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Watty, I'm back; sounds like you're learning to put your own needs front and centre, as well as Mr Watty's, thats got to be good. Including exploring how you feel working with various therapists.

Thinking of you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Hope you're ok Watty x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another one thinking of you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoping everything as well as it can be for you just now watty

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Big hugs!!! It is very private but the great thing is you!!!8217;ll never meet us so
    it!!!8217;s a great place to vent. You!!!8217;ll get there in the end whatever happens!!!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First time I've been on here for ages and I find private messages. I'm so touched. Mind you they were a bit old so you all might have moved on now :) I'm actually on here because I'm looking for a bit of financial info I think is stored in diary ... so looking now ... but being here has reminded me how much I liked the forum and nattering away ...so I'll be back :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback