Advice needed

Options
My partner has an overdraft with lloyds, currently £900 and paying £1.70 per day to be in it. What’s the best thing to do, my credit is better and more chance of getting credit to pay it off. We are paying £100 per month at the moment to pay it off so wondered should I get a 0% credit card for 12 months? I wouldn’t be able to get a balance transfer would I as it’s his account? Also how would I pay it would I have to draw the money out of accepted and then put it in his account and cancel his overdraft?

Michelle
2013 Wins

Jelly belly - still awaiting prize
Sanctuary facebook game - Odeon Club card with 3,000 points

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you can get a 0% money transfer card, then that would be the sensible thing to do.

Once you have withdrawn cash into your account, you can pay whoever you want.
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    sorry its been a long day, what do you mean? shall I get the balance transfer then put the money in my partners account?
    2013 Wins

Jelly belly - still awaiting prize
    Sanctuary facebook game - Odeon Club card with 3,000 points
  • ricky_v
    ricky_v Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The card has to be a money transfer card NOT a balance transfer card.

If accepted for a 0% money transfer card then ask the credit card company to do a money transfer of £900 to account number 12345678 sort code 12-34-56 (the Lloyds account with the overdraft). This will clear the overdraft and the £900 is on the credit card at 0% interest until the specified date. Ensure the balance is cleared when the 0% ends. The CC company will charge about 3% ish for this (about £27).

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/money-transfers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport