Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 October 2017 at 6:40PM
    It's one of those days where it never seems to get light. You could spend all day with the lights on (if you weren't a mse person)

Today has also gone pretty much as predicted, apart from watching the planes at the viewing ark, too foggy/cloudy.
    But all this does mean a nsd :j:j
    I finally managed to get to a £5 payout on swgbucks and cashed out 36p on qm33 which isn't a lot, but every little helps.

I need more than 3 nsds a week to hit my target, but at least I'm off to a good start.

I also think I'm going to have to buy something new for my interview on Wednesday, probably just a new top, or, if I can find them (couldn't last time I looked) Grey trousers to go with a green top I already own, navy trousers just don't work. I'll make sure it clothes suitable for me to wear as a supply teacher too. Money will come from spending or my birthday money, we'all see.
    So I think I'll do that on Monday after swimming and fill the car up at the same time.
    That's should !! Make Tuesday at least a nsd, possibly Wednesday if I take all my food and drink with me to the interview.

I've made a fish pie this evening that will be portioned up as freezer meals for Pickle and I and I've got the things to make a chicken & broccoli bake, so will probably do that tomorrow afternoon.
    Tonight is clearing up after the bomb site hubby has managed to leave whilst 'packing' and a bit of adding to my interview presentation.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Update on day 7

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £39.94/£72.38
    Mop pot target 2) 0/£47.76
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110

Survey/tasks/cashback: £28.28/£50 ooh I like that figure.
    £20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - swagbucks

NSDs: 3/12

Wish
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Had a lovely day with my parents today and have managed to have another nsd, so that makes it a no spend weekend. Dad paid for our pub lunch today, they are mortgage free already, and we don't see them that often, so it's nice to be treated. But it also means I've not done any surveys today, I'll log on after my update to have a look, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Pickle has had a fab time with his grandparents, he's kept Grandma busy reading stories and lots of cuddles for grandad. He was exhausted by bedtime so I hope he sleeps well tonight I need the sleep too.

Tomorrow will be a spend day, I need to fill hubby's car up, there's £24 left in the fuel budget, I'll take the rest from household or spending money, I would take it from 'stuff I'll forget' but I need to pay for this dbs check.

Good luck for the week ahead one and all.

Update on day 8

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £39.94/£72.38 no change.
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110

Survey/tasks/cashback: £28.28/£50 no change
    £20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - swagbucks

NSDs: 4/12

Wish
  • Mummy_bear
    Mummy_bear Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Morning,

Just doing my diary catch ups. You've done so well so far this month.

Good luck for your interview this week.

I need to get a new sling for my giant toddler. Although she's at an age now where she wants to walk everywhere so not sure how much longer I'd get out of a new one.
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • Morning MB,

I feel in control to a point of the finances at the moment (dreading paying out for the dbs check)

With regard to toddler carriers, if you just need one for 'I've walked a lot and now I'm tired' I'd go for something like a toddler/pre-school connecta or an integra (new brand but should be good) I love my connecta because it folds up really small and can just go in my bag without taking up too much space.
    You can get preloved connectas quite easily, but I'd check out the size you need from a sling library.
  • Sounds like a good weekend was had by all. Hope you have a positive week too!
  • Early update from me today (while Pickle is enjoying his screen time fix before bed)
    Today has been super spendy....

£51 on fuel - £24 left in fuel account, covered the deficit from household & spending money. I don't know if this is the end of the fuel spending this month either as we have a London trip too.
    £35 on shoes, £6 on tights and £59.95 on a dress for the interview on Wednesday. £100 from my birthday money, £1 from my spending money.
    £12 on a custom made necklace (from a wahm I know) to accessories outfit. From spending money
    £12 on a replacement espresso cup as Pickle dropped one yesterday when he was 'playing' at making coffee. I'm relieved they Are sold singularly actually. I was worried I'd forever have an odd number. (Yup, probably could have shopped round and got this cheaper/cashback, but was impressed I could buy 1) from household goods.

Groceries and eating out are looking ok. (Good job really, just agreed to meet up with friends on Saturday and lunch with an ex-colleague on Monday. )
    Household goods & Spending money need a rest for a while
    'Stuff I'll forget' has the Dbs money in it and that's it. (Oh, but Dad will repay £20 in here when he gets back from America next week :T )
    So, all in all very spendy and, at only the 9th of the month I feel like I'm rinsing money.

To counteract all this spending:
    I took a pack up with us to swimming so we could eat before going shopping without spending money
    I remembered I had a 'free cake & hot drink' voucher from my favourite homewares store, so we had a little treat without spending.
    Actually the dress at £60 is cheaper than the suits I was looking at (£45 for jacket, £38 for trousers) so, this too is a little win (I'd have still needed to buy shoes even with the suit)
    1p interest from an account to add to the mop pot.

Tonight (hence the early update), I'm going to hit the 'home spa' to get my legs ready for dress & tights. And cleaner proof the house for tomorrow. I also need to sort the swimming bag and put the dry washing away. Sooo much to do, therefore I'm predicting a very pickly Pickle at bed time tonight.

Have a great evening.
    Update on day 8

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £39.95/£72.38 interest in added
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110 this is NEVER going to happen at this rate, nothing is selling)

Survey/tasks/cashback: £28.28/£50 no change
    £20 - shop along
    £3.28- Qmee
    £5. - swagbucks

NSDs: 4/12

Wish
  • Sounds like a good weekend was had by all. Hope you have a positive week too!

Thank you. Yes it was lovely.
  • Hi, can't sleep so catching up with what everyones doing.... Is your other interview for teaching too? How would childcare work with supply-I used to only be available for jobs I was contacted about the. night before but my kids were older and getting themselves to school by then.. Good luck with both. :beer:
  • Kittychick wrote: »
    Hi, can't sleep so catching up with what everyones doing.... Is your other interview for teaching too? How would childcare work with supply-I used to only be available for jobs I was contacted about the. night before but my kids were older and getting themselves to school by then.. Good luck with both. :beer:

Hope you are able to have a restful day if you've not slept well.

Tomorrow's interview isn't for teaching, but it is education based. And, at the moment it's very part time, mostly working from home and should (!) be quite flexible.
    The plan is to arrange child care for 3 days a week- if I get tomorrow's job the wages from that would just about cover the 3 days a week child care full year, so any supply work I get (have said I'm available for up to 3 days a week) would not need to cover child care. (And if I can get term time only child care I'm onto a winner)
    My mum's done a thing with her pension and earnings where she's split her tax allowance over two things, I'm hoping that's not a pension thing, but that I'll be able to allocate my tax free allowance over the two posts and it not get too messy.

Obviously it's all hypothetical at the moment. I'm confident I could do the job well, but my experience is not exactly in the same field. So need to show my transferable skills.

If it all works out I'll still be able to do some of the education consulting I'm doing, but won't need to push it for more business and any earnings I get can be saved or put in the mop pot.

I feel like there's lots of 'possibles' at the moment, but nothing concrete.

If I don't get the job tomorrow, I'll feel the pressure on the supply teaching to cOver childcare costs first, not ideal. But will have to be done. (And finding term time only childcare will be even more of a priority)
  • Good luck for the interview!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport