PPI claims after Bankruptcy

Options
hi,

I know there is a sticky on this subject but thought I would ask for your help/advice on this matter. Will try to make this short.

was discharged from bankruptcy 2007 and have now decided to claim PPI, all of these PPI claims go back to before I went bankrupt so all my PPI funds have gone to OR. The PPI refunds are now 30k+ that have gone to the trustee/OR and I am being told different info from my OR about what happens with these funds. Basically I spoke to someone who said that due to funds arriving in my estate letters will go out to all creditors again and then they have 5 weeks to respond, if no-one responds I get the money. Whereas someone else in the same company is saying that there is no time limit on creditors responding and it is very rare funds go back to me.

Not sure what to do seeing as was discharged a long time ago, there is a lot of PPI refund money in the pot and most of the companies on my bankruptcy list 12 years ago have gone bust.

Any advice on how to proceed with this matter and what would other people do in this case?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't need to do anything.

You shouldn't have made the complaint, but that's done now and the money is with the OR as it should have been.

If they ever decide to send you any, it'll be an unexpected bonus, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Just make sure you don't make any further PPI complaints.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 June 2019 at 11:38PM
    Options
    norman1976 wrote: »
    I spoke to someone who said that due to funds arriving in my estate letters will go out to all creditors again and then they have 5 weeks to respond, if no-one responds I get the money. Whereas someone else in the same company is saying that there is no time limit on creditors responding and it is very rare funds go back to me.
    You need to understand that pre-bankruptcy PPI complaints are not allowed, any redress belongs to the OR and WILL be redistributed to your former creditors. You will never get, nor are you entitled, to anything...ever.

You effectively broke the law by making any PPI complaint without recourse to the Official Receiver...
    norman1976 wrote: »
    I know there is a sticky on this subject
    So why not read it?

It makes your position abundantly clear.

EDIT;

You get nothing, just as you were told six years ago;
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=55164701
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills