Combo Breaker First Post
    dushking wrote: »
    yes please $1.60 at the end of month...
    looking good :beer:

I just top up my FairFX :)

Fk that, $2 by July!
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    I'm going early December so keeping everything crossed. $2 seems a dream (albeit a lovely one) but is $1.70 feasible?
  • kefrif
    kefrif Posts: 43 Forumite
    In my unschooled mind, the best I can say is "I dunno".

Been looking at this weeks Barclays FX prediction on the Barclays Wealth site and it predicts $1.57 to the pound 6 months out from now, but that will likely be subject to wildly erratic change.

My guess for December (and it's slightly less reliable than a bag of magic beans) would be about $1.64 to $1.66. But I'm in Orlando in October, so I would want to see that figure reached by early October, and then to hold thereabouts running into Xmas...
  • whatusername
    whatusername Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 May 2009 at 8:36AM
    Morning all, looks like cable still hovering just under 1.55 trading. 1.5499
  • whatusername
    Everyone sleeping today?

Trading 1.5503, TMS offering 1.53 for delivery after 10/06 and ICE today offering 1.5079 for overnight delivery.
  • Feff36
    Feff36 Posts: 6 Forumite
    It's very quiet in here today :confused:

Just wanted to say that I'm off to the States tomorrow (San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York!) and really liking the exchange rate where it is now. Let's hope this upward trend continues.:j
    Thanks to the info on here, I got the best deal that I possibly could exchanging my money, which certainly wouldn't have been the case without all you posters out there. So, thanks to all concerned.:beer::T
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Feff36 wrote: »

Just wanted to say that I'm off to the States tomorrow (San Francisco, Las Vegas and New York!) and really liking the exchange rate where it is now. Let's hope this upward trend continues.:j
    Thanks to the info on here, I got the best deal that I possibly could exchanging my money, which certainly wouldn't have been the case without all you posters out there. So, thanks to all concerned.:beer::T

Have a great trip!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • whatusername

Good stuff, have a good holiday
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite

I'll third that. Have a great time!
    Lovely weather here at the moment. 80F+ here in cincy for the next few days. Over 100 in Vegas I believe
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'll third that. Have a great time!
    Lovely weather here at the moment. 80F+ here in cincy for the next few days. Over 100 in Vegas I believe

OK, rub it in - overcast here, although it hasn't actually rained yet today!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills