Northern Rock PPi - last chance saloon

Options
Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a £1400 bonus.

I don't have any paperwork relating to Mortgage/PPi agreement, the bank can't go back that far and neither can the solicitor I used for the sale.

PPi claims companies said no problem but NR so they can't find my details. Is there anything I can do or do I call it a day ... :mad::eek:

Anyone had similar dealings with a positive outcome please let me know .TIA David

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Call it a day . . .
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PPI companies are liars

They cannot find your data for you

It's not really surprising that a mortgage paid off TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO isn't still in the bank systems, let alone after a collapse, buyout and all the rest

Fair chance if you ever had PPI it wasn't sold by Northern Rock, but a separate provider like an IFA or broker or even with a third party insurer
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a £1400 bonus.

Most NR mortgages were put in place by brokers/estate agents/advisers. Was yours? That would explain why they cant find anything if it was.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mcc19and64 wrote: »
    PPi claims companies said no problem

I think you need to be tough with the claims companies.

If they've told you it's no problem to find the data, you need to insist they find it. Phone them every day to see if they've found it yet.

If they can't find it, it means they've lied to you, but I don't believe that for a second.
  • The_squirrell
    The_squirrell Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 June 2019 at 9:00AM
    Options
    I see more and more examples coming in from CMC's where the "complaints" are for mortgages closed more than 30 years ago. Its a sign that they are just trawling the bottom of the pond now before the PPI deadline.

Its the usual story. Enquire yourself and don't believe a word of what you are ever told by a CMC. Their concern is their profit.....not you!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure