C&G minicash ISA fixed 5% for one year

spotted this new issue for new customers

5% guaranteed for one year (July 2005) then reverts to there standard cash ISA rate (currently 4.3%)

30 day notice period, 90 day penalty if no notice, use for one year and then transfer to a new one later on

min investment £1000

great forums, I have been looking for something like this for ages :)

Comments

• isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This doesn't look that good to be honest with you.
    I'm expecting interest rates to go up again either this month or next month, possibly by as much 0.5%, with probably another 2 or 3 further rises over the next 12 months. So I think you're easily going to get instant access ISAs paying 5% or more in the next 2 or 3 months.
  • fe+
    fe+ Posts: 2 Newbie
    This doesn't look that good to be honest with you.  
    I'm expecting interest rates to go up again either this month or next month, possibly by as much 0.5%, with probably another 2 or 3 further rises over the next 12 months.  So I think you're easily going to get instant access ISAs paying 5% or more in the next 2 or 3 months.

yeah I think I agree now, I was looking over the BOE site and some of the news articles about are looking at least a .025% increase.

ahve just fixed my mortgage at 4.99% for a further 2 years to lessen the impact

:)
  • scarsdale
    scarsdale Posts: 11 Forumite
    Noting comments about possible further bank rate increases. What about "A bird in the hand".

Would it not be possible after taking out the C&G Isa to immediateley put it on 3 months notice and then move it if there is something better on offer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure