We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    CTC - Hope the job goes okay. I don't know how I would get on working for someone else. You get out of the way of things. I think I would be a nightmare to employ.

Hope the rendering goes well. Sounds like you have a plumber's assistant like the one we had. He cut all the pipes squint that's why we had leaks,

Can't seem to cover the water marks that were created by those in the wee loo - keep coming though. Just about out of that paint.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hope it goes well CTC, it will be an interesting experience and at least you will be earning :D

We are hatching new plans for the side garden to make it into a child friendly space once the beds are filled. We are thinking about creating a willow den and adding a few other child features, in fact I am going to make another thread about it to get ideas.

One thing I was thinking though is about planting a few more things that give us food with little to no effort. So far we have:
    • The herb garden
    • Plums - great annual crop
    • Cherries - only one or two a year so far
    • Apples - only a couple a year so far
    • Pear - no fruit ever
    • Fig - Occasional fruit
    • Gooseberries
    • Black currants
    • Red currants
    • Raspberries
    • Blueberries - going to get another as delicious
    • Rhubarb
    What else can I put in that comes each year and feeds me without having to do much?
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille
    ;)Rabbits.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    choille wrote: »

Can't seem to cover the water marks that were created by those in the wee loo - keep coming though. Just about out of that paint.

If all else fails: http://www.screwfix.com/p/zinsser-cover-stain-primer-white-2-5ltr/17117?kpid=17117&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&cm_mmc=Google-_-Shopping%20-%20Painting%20and%20Decorating-_-Shopping%20-%20Painting%20and%20Decorating&gclid=CIWBxPi-4scCFevnwgodxysKbg&kpid=17117

Having trouble with my render, so must go back and try some new vocabulary on it! :mad:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all.... fabulous day here...

well ive joined the daves school of vocabulary today BUT ive fixed my mower :j:j

saved me a few bob :D

mum has cleaned my oven within a whisker of its life ! it gleams :o
    I seriously cant stop her ! its embarrassing when im flagging and she is saying what her "next job " is .....

about to start cooking sunday roast..yum yum
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2015 at 4:08PM
    choille wrote: »
    choille, try some ordinary undercoat over the water marks, should stop salts from bleeding through.
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I'm rendering-over a doorway inside my den today, which is on an old outside wall, so I just have to do a cement finish. Did the scratch coat yesterday, so hopefully it will stick. I'm really rubbish at plastering etc.
    Davesnave, I had a couple of lessons from an old friend of mine, he'd always use bonding coat plaster (sticks like the proverbial ;)), then skimmed with board finish, unless it was something unusual.
    Just trowel it on and don't work it too much, that's when it starts to sag/fall off .:(
    HTH. :beer:
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • choille
    Hi Alfie - It's water marks from the pipe leaking through the ceiling - not wee marks although it's in the wee loo - the small loo!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    anybody else having problems listing on the bay this afternoon ? I keep trying and it says "sorry, quick listing not working".. ive tried over last few hours ?? or is it just me !!!
  • choille
    I've not been listing this past few hours, but try going to an item you have listed or sold & doing 'sell similar' form the drop down box & editing it. Or use the advanced form.

It's a pain if it goes wrong & I usually give up when it's got glitches as it sends me nuts.
  • Evening all,

Choille this is what I am frightened of , but hayho I will give it a go..if I can stick it great, if not it will prob put a bit umph back into me and make me more determined to make auction life pay ( eBay and farm auctions etc)

Been a lovely day here, but started to get quite cold around tea time .

Alfie.. Your mam sound like a little stick of dynamite lol....all the cleaning etc I'd probably taking her mind off the emotions of selling her family home , and movi g somewhere on her own
    Work to live= not live to work
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure