PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What's for breakfast/lunch/dinner

Comments

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oooh, I've been invited to a friend's today - she's making carrot soup. Ds2 doesn't like soup so he's had leftovers from the fridge cos he'll just want to play with friend's Ds2.

Isn't it nice to go somewhere else and get it made for you. Must go and put some lippy on now (standards, you know, even if just visiting friends :))

Oooooooooo lucky you!!!! :)

I've just made some chicken & noodle soup for my son as he's off school ill atm ... sauteed a carrot and leek, added chicken stock, chunks of cooked chicken and some value spag broke into smaller bits ... which he's currently tucking into :)

No idea what to do for dinner yet, although I still have some chicken to use up, but I've completely lost my appetite (didn't eat anything yesterday and nothing today so far) so I don't feel particularly inspired. Will no doubt just cook something DS wants to eat, maybe chicken filled pittas or something, I dunno :o
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm the one who said she had midget gems for breakfast but this was only this morning AS A TREAT!!!!!! Usually I have a glass of milk with my vitamins in the morning before the school run, when I get back I have 2 slices of toast and either tea or coffee. This morning was different as I went to do the weekly shop on just a glass of milk :(

Tonight we're having shepherds pie (of some form or another) or I might do mince on jacket potatoes and then use the leftovers (which I will have even with only 250g mince as I'll pad it out with lentils) make the shepherds pie for Sunday lunch when I can pad it out loads with veg etc.
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Eliza252
    Eliza252 Posts: 449 Forumite
    I had an apple and cinnamon muffin (home made!) for breakfast, some lentil casserole for lunch and am having a big pile of brocolli, spinach and some other fresh veg for dinner.
    Having reviewed this it looks way too healthy so may have to treat myself to a yellow sticker cake from Tesco on the way home! :D:D
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
    Money to raise for tuition fees: £3000
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    ohh - the muffins sounds delicious - old english style or american? Do you mind posting the recipe???

This morning I had half a piece of toast and marmalade, a cup of tea when I got to work and have just polished off a sandwich (I was very naughty and bought it in the shop around the corner :(

Tonight I am out at a charity meeting (see my signature) so it is left overs fromt eh freezer for dinner - either spag bol, which was made in the slow cooker and frozen in protions or some chilli from last week. There's also some tomato soup lurking in there somewhere......................... :rolleyes:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Eliza252 wrote:
    I had an apple and cinnamon muffin (home made!) for breakfast, some lentil casserole for lunch and am having a big pile of brocolli, spinach and some other fresh veg for dinner.
    Having reviewed this it looks way too healthy so may have to treat myself to a yellow sticker cake from Tesco on the way home! :D:D

It's all very well saying I had home made apple and cinnamon muffins - but where the heck's the recipe? Harumph!!
    :)

And could you post a copy of it into the recipe thread here please?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Eliza252
    heh heh heh!
    recipe posted as requested!
    although its a bog standard (although maybe that is an innapropriate term to use!) recpie from the food standards agency that I just modify to make pretty much any flavour muffins I want! nb. My flat mate was NOT impressed with my parsnip muffins (tried to do a bit of a WWII sweetening thing - didnt work! :rotfl: )
    I've made my debts bite-size too depressing to look at all at once so am handling them one at a time - first up Graduate Loan £1720 paid off! only £280 to go!!!
  • hi this is my first time to type a message.Last night my daughter and I had stew,reduced priced stewing steak of course,onions and swede,total price £1.50 and still some left for tonite!!!! much to my 14 yr olds discust!!!
    Just counted pennies saved in money box,got £3.95,all going to savings account for xmas food etc.......newbee money saver,but known to family as miss thrifty!!!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Eliza252 wrote:
    heh heh heh!
    recipe posted as requested!
    although its a bog standard (although maybe that is an innapropriate term to use!) recpie from the food standards agency that I just modify to make pretty much any flavour muffins I want! nb. My flat mate was NOT impressed with my parsnip muffins (tried to do a bit of a WWII sweetening thing - didnt work! :rotfl: )
    Thanks a lot :) I've said so over there ---->

I just noticed that it's healthy eating with all that full fat milk and cooking oil! :confused:
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Eliza252
    well I used skimmed milk! and I go for an hour run in the morning and then walk forty minutes to work :D
    and anyway I read somewhere that it doesnt matter what you eat first thing in the morning cus you always burn the calories anyway, something to do with it being a break-fast! - now dont go telling me this is not true with some kind of healthy breakfast nonsense - some old wives tales are very handy! - sugar (and LARGE cups of coffee) - are the only thing that get me up in the morning! :D
    - also, I did try and substitute the sugar with parsnips with disastorous consequences, although the pidgeons on the way to work had a nice breakfast that day!
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Made it back from the hairdressers in one piece via Asda, so bought myself a reduced sweet & sour chicken for lunch. It's something I eat once in a blue moon, so really enjoyed it.
    Dinner tonight is duck breast with sweet potato mash & roasted asparagus, followed by rhubarb crumble. Mmmmmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure