weezl and friends Phase 4 - recipe testing christmas treats!

Comments

• Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    I'm hoping to test the waffle recipe, in a proper waffle iron! I've not used it before though and need to prep the cast iron so not sure if I'll be able to do it this week.
    I'm such a flake :o
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I'm hoping to test the waffle recipe, in a proper waffle iron! I've not used it before though and need to prep the cast iron so not sure if I'll be able to do it this week.
    I'm such a flake :o
    sami, lesley did one in a cast-iron pan, hers looked amazing in the pics, I'm sure she'd be v up for giving you the low-down on what she did if it'd help?

Is it a bit like sealing a wok?
    :)

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • The chololate log looks amazingly tempting. Actually so do the brownies.

Any chance of a reply Weezl?
  • Sami_Bee
    edited 29 October 2010 at 1:12PM
    weezl74 wrote: »
    sami, lesley did one in a cast-iron pan, hers looked amazing in the pics, I'm sure she'd be v up for giving you the low-down on what she did if it'd help?

Is it a bit like sealing a wok?
    :)
    If Lesley can tell me a nice easy way I'd love to hear it :)
    It all sounds very much a faff! :p This is the waffle iron I have http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fashioned-Waffle-Iron/product-reviews/B000BWCTL0/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
    along with everyone's tales of seasoning the iron

I think there was mention of doing it in the oven on the instructions which would be my choice as I have the boys here most of the time and my kitchen isn't very well ventilated so smoke causes a right nightmare. I'm contemplating taking it to my parents as they're away all weekend and their kitchen has a door straight to outside ;)

My sausages are in the freezer, do we think they'd defrost in 4ish hours/be ok to cook from slightly frozen?
    DH was hoping for takeaway I think but I'm not in the mood for it, much rather toad in'th 'ole
  • weezl74
    thanks the chocolate ones are v popular, I'll pop my responses on the other thread when I have had chance to do all my research, and heard back from folk.

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • weezl74
    sami I cook from frozen, in the oven.

What kinda bangers have you got?

• aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    We'll be doing the pork dinner and Christmas pud for dessert on Sunday. I fear mushroom soup would just be too much, so I'll do that separately another day.

Have made the brownies in the past - caution, DO NOT attempt to cut or extract from pan while the least bit warm. It's hard to wait, I know, but they will totally fall apart if they're not cool. :o

Salmon pasta is also yummy, as is toad in the hole. :D
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Hello everyone, yay for the new thread! :j

Sorry not been around much this week, my Skype has been acting funny again! Am still planning on doing some Mockmas testing this weekend - fruity pancakes, eggy bread, French onion soup, Toad in the Hole and the Mockmas dinner (but with chicken, not pork) are all on the hit list, need a trip to Asda tonight/tomorrow to pick up a few bits and I'll be set.

Have already done two lots of Brownies (which went down a storm with everyone who tried them! :T) and may well do another, or perhaps try the Yule log instead... ooh decisions, decisions!

Will report back on how everything goes and if I can get my dad's ancient digital camera to work, will have pics too. :)

Best of luck to all the fab testers out there!

Venus xxx
  • weezl74 wrote: »
    thanks the chocolate ones are v popular, I'll pop my responses on the other thread when I have had chance to do all my research, and heard back from folk.

But you said you have the figures and that's is all I asked for.

I have analysed the amount of ALA in both the planners now, and they are below the level which one of the studies based on the nurses study correlated with an increased risk of Age-related macular degeneration (1.44g/1.47g daily). The figures are available for those who would like them.

why make the statement above if you aren't prepared to give the figures?
  • Sami_Bee
    edited 29 October 2010 at 1:41PM
    weezl74 wrote: »
    sami I cook from frozen, in the oven.

What kinda bangers have you got?
    They're Riversway ones from costco (apparently the costco ones higher a higer % meat than the tesco ones)

I can sub the evap milk for 150ml normal milk can't it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family