Keep Moving Challenge for 2018

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    54.4 miles run for me this week. Finally started upping the mileage for marathon training.
    87.8 miles for 2018 so far.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • 33.62 miles this week .not great :( hopefully the weather not too bad this coming week to smash this weeks total !!
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    40.92 miles for me this week, so just over target. I really need to be doing more, but am struggling to find enough time, as a lot of my time is spent on work on renovating our home....so whilst I might not be getting zillions of steps in, I am being active. I guess once spring arrives, I will be motivated to get up an hour or so earlier and head out for a nice early morning walk. Perhaps, in spring, someone can remind me that I said that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Slightly better week for me = 21mls, so still on track and its beginning to feel a bit easier to hit daily target despite the cold wind and rain.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am making good progress with steps - average is over 10,000 per day - but a poorly child at the weekend removed the chance to catch up the missing 2 dog mileage days. Overall I am ahead of last year but I wanted to increase the dog miles. Maybe next weekend.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    juju17 wrote: »
    40.92 miles for me this week, so just over target. I really need to be doing more, but am struggling to find enough time, as a lot of my time is spent on work on renovating our home....so whilst I might not be getting zillions of steps in, I am being active. I guess once spring arrives, I will be motivated to get up an hour or so earlier and head out for a nice early morning walk. Perhaps, in spring, someone can remind me that I said that :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Will do :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • There is going to be snow and ice round here for the next 4 days at least but I have no intention of letting that hold me back. The dog still needs to go out and for that matter, so do I. I am just about to go a 4 mile round trip to Lidl for some bread & fruit, tomorrow, I have a 5 mile round trip to the nurse to get blood samples drawn and on Thursday I am out with a walking group on what will be a 4 mile walk to a yet to be decided destination.

It's all about time and motion and I have lots of time to put into my motion :rotfl:
  • indesisiv
    There is going to be snow and ice round here for the next 4 days at least

I've just been out for some hill reps in a rather nasty snow storm. I probably shouldn't have had shorts on as it rather stung a bit on the run up to the hill.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    indesisiv wrote: »
    I've just been out for some hill reps in a rather nasty snow storm. I probably shouldn't have had shorts on as it rather stung a bit on the run up to the hill.

Shorts :eek: are you a postie? :rotfl:

The dog was in his element in the snow today, I felt guilty bringing him home from every walk :o as it was, we did 7 walks in all today totalling 11.02 miles.
  • indesisiv
    Shorts :eek: are you a postie? :rotfl:

The dog was in his element in the snow today, I felt guilty bringing him home from every walk :o as it was, we did 7 walks in all today totalling 11.02 miles.

If you are running it is normally quite warm. It was only because it was really windy that it was a bit troublesome, the snow was stinging.
    Its not actually that cold out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family