Flybe misselling tickets

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Your questions were answered
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    radoslaff wrote: »
    Well, I will certainly give up here. :)
    If anybody had answered my simple question, I would have updated you with the outcome. Obviously I'll have to keep it for myself. Many thanks to everybody.

You got the answers-but not the ones you wanted to hear:

• I actually need to continue chasing Flybe and ignore Stobart because I never had anything bought from Stobart, is that right?
    • No-You are wrong :You have nothing to chase.
    • I was forced to accept this change
    • No you were not forced -you chose that option
    • facing the alternative of my wife being left by herself in the other end of the country so they owe me one here.
    • No they do not
    • The most important question is what is my next step after they tell me that they reject my claim in full? What is the authority that I can escalate it to?
    • Give up :- you are wrong to think they owe you anything

That simple enough?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 May 2018 at 7:41AM
    Options
    radoslaff wrote: »
    Well, I will certainly give up here. :)
    If anybody had answered my simple question, I would have updated you with the outcome. Obviously I'll have to keep it for myself. Many thanks to everybody.

Ok, I'll bite.

You could try taking Flybe to the small claims court as there are no other avenues for compensation to pursue, due to as above, your wife's disinclination to board the booked flight.

In order to do so you will have to demonstrate a financial loss due to her choosing not to board her flight and any costs as a result.
    So, how much did your wife's disinclination to travel cost you?

Compensation for poor advice from a call centre is not a valid reason for compensation unless that information led to an actual loss, so again, how much did you lose?

And one last question, why are you treating your wife like a child, incapable of waiting in an airport for 4 hours if the connection had been missed, is there a valid reason why your wife would not be capable of this that you made Flybe aware of at the time? She is a grown woman FGS, she would have been in Southend not Outer Mongolia.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Your questions were answered

But the OP just does not like the answers...

I think Peachyprice sums it up well in post #6. I would see this as applying and would be the case if the original purchase was one ticket purchase CGN/SEN/MAN. If however purchased as CGN/SEN and SEN/MAN on separate tickets then Flybe may not have reprotected the OPs wife without a further charge.

I probably would have gone with the 65 mins at SEN and worried about things if things went amiss.

Being ‘delayed’ at SEN for 4hrs is not the end of the world. I can think of worst places to be stuck. She probably could have taken the train somewhere for a couple of hours if she wanted to get out of the small airport terminal.

Any recompense from Flybe/Stobart would be likely as a goodwill gesture, but they have already said no. I don’t believe from what the OP has stated that anything is legally due.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same issue with Flybe years ago flying LRH-MAN-EDI. Staff at LRH could not check us in for our connecting flight.

Agree that there is no claim here under EU261 although it does sound like the OP received incorrect information on the phone.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite.

You could try taking Flybe to the small claims court as there are no other avenues for compensation to pursue, due to as above, your wife's disinclination to board the booked flight.

In order to do so you will have to demonstrate a financial loss due to her choosing not to board her flight and any costs as a result.
    So, how much did your wife's disinclination to travel cost you?

Compensation for poor advice from a call centre is not a valid reason for compensation unless that information led to an actual loss, so again, how much did you lose?

And one last question, why are you treating your wife like a child, incapable of waiting in an airport for 4 hours if the connection had been missed, is there a valid reason why your wife would not be capable of this that you made Flybe aware of at the time? She is a grown woman FGS, she would have been in Southend not Outer Mongolia.

BUT Southend is in the middle of nowhere
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    BUT Southend is in the middle of nowhere

Southend is the centre of the known universe!

We've got the worlds longest pleasure pier and other great stuff!
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,201 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    Southend is the centre of the known universe!

We've got the worlds longest pleasure pier and other great stuff!

There's even a train station that goes direct into Liverpool Street as well!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    There's even a train station that goes direct into Liverpool Street as well!

And a train that goes to fenchurch street too!
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Options
    And a theatre, a pleasure park, a little train that goes along the (longest) pier!
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure