The Final Countdown

Comments

• tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Also MW much easier in MANY ways to do this when you don't have kids - but I would have given it all up to have kids......I do think it isn't possible to really have it all the important thing is to enjoy the Hell out of what we have!.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I would take the six months rent.
    Are they an established tennant?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tootallulah
    Hi Beanie I think so too, they have been with me a year and one half is doing a PhD two years to go, the other works in a bank. Overall this will save them money and hopefully me hassle. Two years more of a good tenant is really worth it. I have got the letting agent on board to sort out the contract starting on 1 March. And that will certainly help with this years goal.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Hi Beanie I think so too, they have been with me a year and one half is doing a PhD two years to go, the other works in a bank. Overall this will save them money and hopefully me hassle. Two years more of a good tenant is really worth it. I have got the letting agent on board to sort out the contract starting on 1 March. And that will certainly help with this years goal.

Excellent :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• tootallulah
    I emailed the tenants today agreeing to the 6 months deal from 1 March - I am very happy at the thought. My current job has asked me to invoice for Jan to March on 1 April - not a great sign but I 'think' it will be OK. And I can live on my pension, btl money is squirrelled for taxes and treats.

If everything works seamlessly I will hit £28k on 1 April - a very big milestone for me. Obviously then it will slow down considerably until another big hit in September but the thought of being in the 20s is very sweet.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Great news on tennents.
    Hope pay works out ok.

• tootallulah
    EBayed 2 sewing machine for 'spares or repair' for £92 I have made it up to £150 which makes it £900 extra this month - £600 to go. I am going to get one special sewing machine (which should make well over £100) plus nine other random things onto EBay tomorrow. My food budget is well below normal due to the 'eating my way through the freezers challenge' so this will help. I want to hit £42,000 on 1 March.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Way to go, Toots! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • tootallulah
    It is great to be back on MSE for the support, inspirational payers etc but it is very bad for me in terms of wishing the days away. This month I am going to do a big pay off on 1 March but during March I am going to pay off as the money comes in so that I can see progress rather than waiting for it to be THE DAY. I am so anxious for this mortgage to be gone, and to build my savings ready for my next move. Thinking about my tax bill I might use all my income to get rid of the mortgage and then save like billyo for my tax bill in January, which is not at all like me I am a taxes first person. Off to work through a spread sheet.
  • tootallulah
    My two btl flats are next door to each other, the 2nd set of tenants have just emailed to ask if I would consider them for a two year tenancy with rent paid every 3 months, they can't afford to go to 6 months and honestly said so. The neighbours told them of our deal! This couple are saving for a deposit and for them the security of two years gives them a target to get out, security of tenure and a known rent for 24 months. I will see what the letting agents think but it looks like a deal to me. Good tenants for two years is better for me and hopefully for them too. I really don't like being a land lord and having these two sets of tenants has been great, they are reliable, polite and have so far been no trouble.
    Money in lumps suits me for the next two years, and especially this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure