Scottish Power PowerUp

tjfs
tjfs Posts: 25 Forumite
I don't think there can be many using this tariff judging by the low number of downloads on the Google Play store.

I switched to this a few weeks ago and for a few days everything was fine once I realised that although SP advised there was no need to re-register, I had to do this before I could log in again.

I bought a year's worth of gas and electricity in advance. Then, for some reason, half the gas I'd bought disappeared. I contacted SP and discovered that PowerUp support is very slow - they can't answer questions over the phone, only arrange for someone to phone you several days later.

They "fixed" this issue by re-registering my PowerUp account again, which means I can now see all the gas and electricity I prepaid, however for some reason although I have only used 22kWh of gas it thinks I've used twice as much.

More seriously, ever since then their billing system has been charging me for the energy I've used on their (higher) PowerUp Variable tariff, even though I've already prepaid!

They have raised a complaint on their system but so far I've not heard any more.

It seems strange that although this tariff has been out for a year it's still described as "beta" and clearly has problems.

Tim

Comments

• rfv750
    rfv750 Posts: 10 Forumite
    I hope you get on better than I am.
    They should not have released the power up app yet.
    it is not fully beta tested.
    I have paid in advance which shows on the app yet still I am being billed by a new direct debit they have set up.
    I have emailed and spoken to customer service with nothing seeming to be done about it.
  • rfv750
    rfv750 wrote: »
    I hope you get on better than I am.
    They should not have released the power up app yet.
    it is not fully beta tested.
    I have paid in advance which shows on the app yet still I am being billed by a new direct debit they have set up.
    I have emailed and spoken to customer service with nothing seeming to be done about it.

They have now taken my money that I paid in advance,and shut down my power up account and put me on a standard tariff which I do not want.customer service is a joke, they do not deal with power up complaints.
    I have sent various emails which seem to be getting ignored.
    who do i need to complain to to get my money back.
    And then leave Scottish Power.
  • tjfs
    tjfs Posts: 25 Forumite
    It's frustrating that you can't get through to anyone who knows about PowerUp. I've been promised several call backs which haven't happened. And every few days I get another bill and more money is debited from my current account.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Interesting. I'd wondered about it, but thought I might wait until there was some feedback about it. Also, I figured out I could save something on the ordinary scheme by choosing different tariffs for summer and winter ...
  • PowerUp is PowerFarce.

I used to be with SP and moved over to their PowerUp tariff. I then asked for Smart Meters to be installed and was then told I had to leave PowerUp, as it was not compatible with their Smart Meters.

Never mind never being able to speak to any one and waiting for the dreaded call back.
  • rfv750
    They have now taken my money that I paid in advance,and shut down my power up account and put me on a standard tariff which I do not want.customer service is a joke, they do not deal with power up complaints.
    I have sent various emails which seem to be getting ignored.
    who do i need to complain to to get my money back.
    And then leave Scottish Power.

I have tried calling again,and have emailed various heads of departments.
    Just get the standard we are looking into it cut and paste reply.:mad:
    They are meant to be calling me on Thursday.
  • rfv750
    I have tried calling again,and have emailed various heads of departments.
    Just get the standard we are looking into it cut and paste reply.:mad:
    They are meant to be calling me on Thursday.

I had a call back from Scottish Power today,
    only to be told after 15minutes that I was talking to the wrong department.So why had I called them.:mad::mad: They called me but somehow from the wrong department.
    So I tried calling the Power up customer department on their dedicated
    number as on the website,guess what not able to help as not part of the power up team.:mad::mad:. They have said an email will be passed onto the power up team.
    This has been going on for almost 7 weeks.
  • rfv750
    I had a call back from Scottish Power today,
    only to be told after 15minutes that I was talking to the wrong department.So why had I called them.:mad::mad: They called me but somehow from the wrong department.
    So I tried calling the Power up customer department on their dedicated
    number as on the website,guess what not able to help as not part of the power up team.:mad::mad:. They have said an email will be passed onto the power up team.
    This has been going on for almost 7 weeks.

I think that I am finally getting somewhere,
    thanks to using resolver.
    Scottish power failed at all times to fix this,even when i emailed the ceo.:mad:
    By using resolver I got put through to one person to deal with my complaint.who has helped a lot.
    I just have to wait to get my money back,before it is finally solved.
    So in my opinion do not buy Power up as it has no support.:mad::mad:
  • rfv750
    I think that I am finally getting somewhere,
    thanks to using resolver.
    Scottish power failed at all times to fix this,even when i emailed the ceo.:mad:
    By using resolver I got put through to one person to deal with my complaint.who has helped a lot.
    I just have to wait to get my money back,before it is finally solved.
    So in my opinion do not buy Power up as it has no support.:mad::mad:

I have finally got this sorted,
    got all my money back and a goodwill payment as compensation for all the hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure