Great Grants Hunt

Options

Comments

• slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes i would like to know if there any grants for driving lessons, i suspect not.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • tidydan24
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get funding for Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services. I work in the right environment but my boss is a little tight and won't pay for the course. I'm a father of 3 young boys, married, am entitled to tax credits, and I'm 31 years old.
  • MrsShaw23
    Options
    Hi, Turn2Us is an excellent website if you're trying to source grants and other sources of funding. It's also straightforward to use; you don't have to register and you can choose whether you're going to search in a professional capacity (e.g. as a Support Worker) or if you want to have look for yourself. Just click on the Grants Finder tab, refine your search (if you choose to) & literally hundreds of available grants, bursaries, hardship & welfare needs funding will be listed. As well as the better-known providers such as EDF Energy Trust, there are scores of charities you can apply to for specific items, such as medical equipment, clothing or respite care. It is also well worth noting that if you've been employed in a certain field (or your parent(s) are/have been), there is funding available for specific occupations, from ex-miners or Police & Army to music teachers, journalists and obscure (and a bit bizarre) ones such as purveyors of pork or if your surname is Forsythe. There are also many grants & bursaries for educational expenses as well as general welfare needs. The site also tells you how to apply & who to contact for further information.
  • bertilak
    Options
    Hi, I have had a look around and have been unable to find what I'm looking for. I am 25, from Northern Ireland and employed as a customer advisor in the retail industry but I am wanting to get started in the arboriculture industry as a Climber but there are no courses available in my local colleges but there are courses available through private companies that specialize in the Arb industry. These courses are Lantra and City and Guilds accredited courses and are the industry standard so they would help in gaining employment in the role I want.

The problem is I cant find funding as they are short courses, so I dont qualify for student finance/loans etc. I have contacted the Princes Trust and they said that I am working too many hours to get funding from them but I cant afford to cut my hours due to rent etc, I have emailed the Department for Education and Learning and I am waiting for a reply, I know its a long shot but is there anyone here that might possibly know other forms of funding theses courses?

Sorry if this is the wrong location for this post,

Thanks, Thomas.
  • loubby
    loubby Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I live alone in a council house. I want to change my electric fire to a wood burner. I'm on benefit, my bills are ridiculous
  • captainhindsight_2
    Options
    loubby wrote: »
    I live alone in a council house. I want to change my electric fire to a wood burner. I'm on benefit, my bills are ridiculous

being a council house, you cannot get ECO funding for a new heating system, You will have to speak to your council landlord.

These grants only apply to privately rented or owned properties
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • papaalpha001
    Options
    please Help, I'm currently working as a ground worker. I was self employed up until they changed all the rules on April 4th 2014 then you(I) was forced to go PAYE and get paid through umbrella company , I want to retrain to be a Digger Driver. To do that. I've been quoted £2,800, nowz:cool:: I've got some Money put aside, was wondering is there any help out there. That could help me. It'd be sooooooooooo Appreciated
    Look forward to all your helpful answers. Thanks Guys N Girls
  • MrMinaj
    Options
    grants for home learning courseS?
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kent45 wrote: »
    I'm searching for grants that would give benefits to farmers? Im curious.

I assume your claiming everything under the rural payments scheme.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-rural-payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport