The Norfolk hamper company thread

1391392393394395397»

Comments

• mnc
    mnc Posts: 74 Forumite
    It looks like this thread is beginning to wind down now, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported mse'rs like myself who were sucked in by this whole sorry saga. I'm sorry everything has ended the way it has and many of us not only are out of pocket but have endured several stressful weeks/months because of this company.

I and countless others may have lost money after being swindled by you Mr Alvey, you may have gotten away with it this time BUT don't for one second think you will be able to let this blow over for a couple of months and then start afresh with your "offers" and "promises" in a new business venture. I will be watching for your name and will be more than happy to share my experiences of being one of your customers. I sincerely hope Karma catches up with you one day soon.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    So no sign of him closing the company properly them there should be something legally that people can do
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • mnc wrote: »
    It looks like this thread is beginning to wind down now, so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported mse'rs like myself who were sucked in by this whole sorry saga. I'm sorry everything has ended the way it has and many of us not only are out of pocket but have endured several stressful weeks/months because of this company.

I and countless others may have lost money after being swindled by you Mr Alvey, you may have gotten away with it this time BUT don't for one second think you will be able to let this blow over for a couple of months and then start afresh with your "offers" and "promises" in a new business venture. I will be watching for your name and will be more than happy to share my experiences of being one of your customers. I sincerely hope Karma catches up with you one day soon.

Agree you can run for now but you cant hide and we will post as soon as any details however small , to stop you ever opening again
    must just add I was highly disappointed :( in MSE stance in this fiasco maybe i missed it, but we didn't seem to get a lot of help from anyone up higher on here (and i do believe the thread was sent to the boss !!) and i would have thought given the way this saga ran and ran someone would have been able to offer a bit more then they did but hey -ho x

Good luck anyone still fighting to get there money back from CC company's / paypal etc
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Have finally gotten my bottom in gear, and have printed out all the evidence to send to Santander along with my Visa chargeback letter, which is now written. Will post it tomorrow and await the response! If I still get a no, then won't know what to do next as it's the principle now. What's the point of having a chargeback scheme if it's at the bank's discretion? Thanks for everyone's help.
  • Lurleene
    Lurleene Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Well I am pleased to say that following my Visa Debit Chargeback claim I was contacted by HSBC today and I should receive the funds in 24-48 hours. :)

I had paid via Paypal using my debit card, outside the 45 day window to claim from Paypal. So while this whole debacle was a massive PITA, at least for me I am no longer out of pocket. I hope many more of you will be successful pursuing your claims. Good luck.
  • Well.... I've just had an email through from Norfolk trading standards. They have said that when Neil(l) notified us that the he had ceased trading they seized documents in order to investigate, from this they are now looking to take criminal action and need all thoses effected to supply details of issued they have had, if refunds have been rec'd etc etc...
    They sent the form as a PDF, so an't post a link but if anyone wants a copy to fill in and send off PM me with your email and I'll send a copy over...
    Looks as though he may not get away with it after all!!!!!
  • zennith
    zennith Posts: 12,193 Forumite
    Angelmum80 wrote: »
    Well.... I've just had an email through from Norfolk trading standards. They have said that when Neil(l) notified us that the he had ceased trading they seized documents in order to investigate, from this they are now looking to take criminal action and need all thoses effected to supply details of issued they have had, if refunds have been rec'd etc etc...
    They sent the form as a PDF, so an't post a link but if anyone wants a copy to fill in and send off PM me with your email and I'll send a copy over...

As this a Very Important Development......

Could you maybe start a New Thread alerting people to it?
  • Angelmum80 wrote: »
    Well.... I've just had an email through from Norfolk trading standards. They have said that when Neil(l) notified us that the he had ceased trading they seized documents in order to investigate, from this they are now looking to take criminal action and need all thoses effected to supply details of issued they have had, if refunds have been rec'd etc etc...

:D :j:T:dance::D :j:T:dance::D :j:T:dance::D :j:T:dance::D :j:T:dance:
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family