Work shy relative is becoming a nuisance

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    :whistle:
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    My aunt is sick of him and his sister has told him to pull his socks up and act his age but he tells her to do one. The trophy because he wants to look like the big working class hero. He has told us his pub mates think he is a forklift driver in a argos warehouse and they treat him to drinks because he told them he is getting less than the NMW. He is a sponge for sure. Thank God I live miles from him or I would kick his but.
    It sounds like he could have a lucrative career as a conman :rotfl:

As for Argos not paying NMW, they've been found out and had to repay £1.5m to 12,000 workers so he would now be - at the very least - on NMW in this fictitious job he tells his mates he has. :whistle:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    My aunt is sick of him and his sister has told him to pull his socks up and act his age but he tells her to do one. The trophy because he wants to look like the big working class hero. He has told us his pub mates think he is a forklift driver in a argos warehouse and they treat him to drinks because he told them he is getting less than the NMW. He is a sponge for sure. Thank God I live miles from him or I would kick his but.

So you'll find it even easier to keep out of the situation. If he calls/texts you more money just say no.
  • bertiewhite
    Options
    Is this going to be another popcorn thread?:D
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Does the work shy uncle (cousin? so hard to keep track) use all his spare time to keep posting threads about school plimsolls?
  • Bath_cube
    Options
    I got a text from my lazy sod of a cousin earlier. He said ta very much for not contributing so he can have a nice Christmas. My reply isn't repeatable on here. Even the phone he text me on was supplied to him by the jobcentre, a cheap PAYG so his advisor can let him know of job alerts. He is pathetic.
  • Loz01
    Loz01 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Text back and say "f**k off and get a job" :D
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 9:02PM
    Options
    Absolute rubbish. The DWP do not give people who claim benefits mobile phones, please stop trolling.

You can find job alerts on any site including universal jobmatch or several other internet sites. Someone who has been sanctioned on several occasions and who has no interest in working wouldnt be handed a phone by the DWP.

Bluelass strikes again.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    If hes on benefit (if this pile of nonsense is true), he doesnt need to be asking anyone for any money for any trophy or a christmas lunch.

No one in their right mind would buy people drinks all night in a pub because theyve said they are in a job thats less than min wage.

Seriously, Jackanory would be proud of this tall tale but bluelass always knew how to spin a yarn
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    annandale wrote: »
    If hes on benefit (if this pile of nonsense is true), he doesnt need to be asking anyone for any money for any trophy or a christmas lunch.

No one in their right mind would buy people drinks all night in a pub because theyve said they are in a job thats less than min wage.

Seriously, Jackanory would be proud of this tall tale but bluelass always knew how to spin a yarn

If it isn't true :whistle: it's far more entertaining than someone asking about school uniforms or the toilet habits of primary school kids.

So for that, I thank the OP. :D
  • Bath_cube
    Options
    Who said anything about buying him drinks all night?. He gets one or two off people he knows and who he has conned. He told me about the phone I didn't assume. And no I have no intention of giving him a penny. I don't know how he has managed to get away with claiming JSA for so long either save for when he has been sanctioned. I suspect he is doing the volunteer work so he can get his jsa. I pay tax and insurance like everyone on here and think his attitude is terrible. He models himself on Che Guevara but even he had a work ethic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure