Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• It's very kind of you to help your friend like that. No wonder you have a lazy dinner on a Friday :). I used to love badminton but haven't played for years.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your Saturday saunter :)
    Hope the sun is shining.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Woo-hoo, redeemed £50 on YouGov today ! Last redeemed September 2016, so it takes a while. Where are you up to HHOD ?
  • beanielou
    I am one from payout !!!55357;!!!56842;
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Well done, Elizabethhull and beanilou on doing so well with YouGov:j:beer:

I agree with you, Elizabeth, it certainly does take a while:(. I just need another 3@50 points to reach the magic 5000. I bet they'll take me months to get though.

Can I ask all you people who seem to get lots of YouGov surveys, do you wait for an invitation email from them or do you check your account regularly to find any?
  • beanielou
    I have started checking recently.
    I dont think it makes any difference to be honest.
    I think my problem now is I am not interesting enough for them.
    After this payout I wont be continuing.

• beanielou wrote: »
    I have started checking recently.
    I dont think it makes any difference to be honest.
    I think my problem now is I am not interesting enough for them.
    After this payout I wont be continuing.

I'm not interesting enough for them either, although that's also the way on lots of other survey sites that I tried:(. I've now culled what were unproductive, either because they never sent surveys, always screened me out or it took years to reach the payout level.

Like you, I'm going to unsubscribe from YouGov as soon as that £50 has been received.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your Saturday saunter :)
    Hope the sun is shining.

Thanks Beanie, sunny spells anyway :).
    Woo-hoo, redeemed £50 on YouGov today ! Last redeemed September 2016, so it takes a while. Where are you up to HHOD ?

I'm just over 3000 sigh, it's only taken me a year :mad:.
    Well done, Elizabethhull and beanilou on doing so well with YouGov:j:beer:

I agree with you, Elizabeth, it certainly does take a while:(. I just need another 3@50 points to reach the magic 5000. I bet they'll take me months to get though.

Can I ask all you people who seem to get lots of YouGov surveys, do you wait for an invitation email from them or do you check your account regularly to find any?

I'm going to keep plodding with YG, but PA is my favourite. I've given up on all the others, fed up with being screened out after answering twenty questions :mad:.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • I had a good Saturday saunter :). It was busy at the shops! I bought 'Ghosts' by Ed McBain and 'Women Who Think Too Much' by somebody or other. (Self development book). Apart from that it was the usual expenditure on buses, coffee, fruit etc.

After that I emptied all the bins and sorted it all into recycling and trash, did some laundry and spent two hours taking up my trousers (linen ones I bought in Mr T last week £14 - 20% :D) as I don't have a sewing machine. I don't mind sewing though because I can sit down and warch telly while I do it.

Now it's going to be cider and Harlan Coben on Netflix :D.

Have a good Saturday everyone :).
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As I carried the hydrangea out the pot fell apart, it must have been all the snow and frost we've had recently. I've had that pot for fifteen years! It makes me wonder how many of our other pots are frost proof.

Catching up from ages back (your thread moves fast!) so apologies if this has been answered but I've lost a lot to frost too. However, I asked a lady in Switzerland how come her beautiful tall pots in her garden were not ruined by frost and she showed me they are all raised off the ground on little 'feet'. I haven't officially tried it but it seems to have worked for things that were accidentally off the ground, such as ones in larger pots or on stands.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport