Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Thanks for the Spider-Man tip, just ordered mine :D DH will be pleased.

Just fallen out with my energy provider over billing and I think we've been done a bit but can't do anything due to change of meter. Looking for a new supplier but :eek: to cost. Electricity is soooo ridiculous. We're lucky our gas is 'cheap' just a really efficient boiler and radiators and we don't have it on loads. We hardly use td (just towels and bedding in winter if we can't get them outside) but it's still bonkers.

Party planning sounds good. Have to start thinking about the smalls. Eldest wants one at home :eek: may have to negotiate numbers :rotfl:
  • We are all conditioned to think that they have to have Clarks shoes, but M and S are fine for all sizes, especially when their feet are growing fast and you are replacing every few months. It is not as if you would force them to wear uncomfortable shoes! It is always worth looking elsewhere if you can. Xx
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I highly recommend getting a heated airer cath as everything can go on it, even delicates, it takes about 12 hours to dry even heavy stuff like jeans and the large Lakeland one holds about 3 average loads :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    I highly recommend getting a heated airer cath as everything can go on it, even delicates, it takes about 12 hours to dry even heavy stuff like jeans and the large Lakeland one holds about 3 average loads :)

We currently have one of these (bought for DD at uni to save on humungous laundrette costs) - I can fit almost 1 load from my machine on it?! - the three tiered one. Handy for that in-between time before heating goes on and the weather is wet - and fab for DD's flat
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will definitely look into getting one, have used the dryer twice this evening.

It's only Wednesday and I've been struggling to keep my eyes open since 6:30pm. It is DD birthday today and she's gone to bed very happy. The sharpies and dvd went down well!

Have had to replace tyres on both cars this week, one on mine and two on dh. £150 spent and thankfully dh had an extra £600 in his wages. Have done most of the payday money shuffle but need to work out what to do with the extra. Am looking forward to the day we have some treats with overtime money!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks for the Spider-Man tip, just ordered mine :D DH will be pleased.

Just fallen out with my energy provider over billing and I think we've been done a bit but can't do anything due to change of meter. Looking for a new supplier but :eek: to cost. Electricity is soooo ridiculous. We're lucky our gas is 'cheap' just a really efficient boiler and radiators and we don't have it on loads. We hardly use td (just towels and bedding in winter if we can't get them outside) but it's still bonkers.

Party planning sounds good. Have to start thinking about the smalls. Eldest wants one at home :eek: may have to negotiate numbers :rotfl:

We are up to 25 children so far! Fingers crossed it stays dry!
    We are all conditioned to think that they have to have Clarks shoes, but M and S are fine for all sizes, especially when their feet are growing fast and you are replacing every few months. It is not as if you would force them to wear uncomfortable shoes! It is always worth looking elsewhere if you can. Xx

Definitely, I've bought Cl@rkes for years as always thought I 'needed' to due to having wide feet. DS refused to wear his new ones this morning, think it's time to move the old ones!
  • CathT
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    greent wrote: »
    We currently have one of these (bought for DD at uni to save on humungous laundrette costs) - I can fit almost 1 load from my machine on it?! - the three tiered one. Handy for that in-between time before heating goes on and the weather is wet - and fab for DD's flat

I managed to get one from @ldi this morning, grown up goals - I finally have a heated airer! The tumble dryer eats electricity so hoping this keeps us on top of the washing without the huge energy bills.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I must have a smaller than usual washing machine if it fits more loads on :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Options
    Quick update from me. Payday and money shuffle had to wait until after work. Have sent my £100 expenses to the t3sco cc, stoozing payments also up to date.

Children are at football so will clean as much as I can in the next 45 minutes before they get back. It's dd birthday party tomorrow and although it's drizzling now I have faith that it will be dry tomorrow! Our house won't feel so big if we have 25 children in it!

Still feeling lightheaded and breathless and I'm not sure what's causing it. I don't feel it's related to the pneumonia and Ive been on iron tablets for ages! It annoys me when I can't self-diagnose!
  • CathT
    Options
    The party was a success and dd said it was her best party ever! It was incredibly noisy at times though! We now need to plan a party for ds in a couple of weeks.

Today has also been super busy! Football match for dd this morning, I popped to Mr S for new work clothes to take advantage of 25% off. Got 2 pairs of trousers, a dress and 3 tops for £44! Have also cut the lawns, made a butternut squash soup and done endless loads of washing. At one point had a load on the line, the airer and the heated airer. I still had to put a load in the dryer! Fell asleep whilst watching a film with the children this evening. Have also needed to walk around the house to reach my step goal of 15k steps.

25p on y0ugov this morning and accounts up to date. Hoping for a few NSD's this week!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback